Chris Wallace smacks Jon Stewart right back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=J1NjlrMjpV-nte35lRgawhfWAYIUr1Q0&height=240&deepLinkEmbedCode=J1NjlrMjpV-nte35lRgawhfWAYIUr1Q0&width=320&video_pcode=k4Nmw6Cri746xA2OsoSlngyrIudg"></script>

Game, set and match.

2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I love seeing how angry these liberals really are. John Stewart was almost snarling.:D When you corner a liberal, they can't come back with any intelligence, or common sense; they come back with with anger. Guess they're pissed that the majority of America doesn't buy their bullshit anymore.:D

Thanks for the clip. Made my evening!

Btw, I'm not big into watching t.v more than maybe an hour a day, so I'm not as "skilled" with the remote to know what's out there that may be more of a Libertarian style of reporting. You know of anything?

I think John Stossel from Fox is Libertarian, but I don't know who else, or what else is out for those like me. If others here know of anything, I'd be glad to tune in to it.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ask and you shall receive.

http://freedomwatchonfox.com/

Judge Andrew Napolitano

Very good friend of the Ron Paul and Gary Johnson crowd.

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, I like the Judge. He's common sense. I don't agree with him every time, but at least 80% or more.

I'm just not finding any other Libertarian commentators, news specials, etc., out there. Kind of sad the two parties still control the game. If we had a guy like Ron Paul, this Country would literally see some REAL change we can believe in!:)

Scroll down and check out the video clip: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/how-exactly-do-you-define-a-libertarian/question-236020/

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I like Tucker Carlson. He describes himself as a conservative libertarian. Of course he is also on FOX. Well, those are really the only three I know of and all of them are on FOX. Go figure.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=J1NjlrMjpV-nte35lRgawhfWAYIUr1Q0&height=240&deepLinkEmbedCode=J1NjlrMjpV-nte35lRgawhfWAYIUr1Q0&width=320&video_pcode=k4Nmw6Cri746xA2OsoSlngyrIudg"></script>

:D :D

Jon boy Stewart the beloved darling of our ET leftists crashes and burns. Too funny.

7. achilles28

achilles28

Wallace didn't prove much of anything.

Those poll numbers were likely cherry-picked to undermine Stewarts argument and bolster his own. There were probably tens of polls that showed Daily Show viewers besting Fox viewers on right-wing trivia.

I thought the original interview was good. Both Wallace and Stewart are right: the media has an inherent left-wing bias AND leans towards sensationalism. It's not an either-or argument.

Big news organizations are a joke. They tell you what to think, instead of reporting fact. It's just opinion editorial content in video form. They all sell an agenda - including FOX. Their moto, 'We report, you decide', is bullshit. But so are the rest of the lefty news channels. What we hear, watch and read is only a filter, of a filter of reality. Government controls what information is released. And the media decides what information to present, in which form, from which angle, in whole or in part, to the viewer, to paint a picture. To sell their narrative. It's a game. Content from any one news organization is only a fraction, of a fraction of the truth. Which is why people are so easily fooled. Perception is reality. Control perception (read: information) and you control reality. Upon which opinion and voting behavior are formed. etc etc. It's all psychological warfare, really. It's not a coincidence all the big league news owners are ideological zealots - Rupert Murdouch, Ted Turner, GE etc. They don't want to report facts to viewers. They want to SHAPE AND MANAGE opinion for their own ideological, political and corporate benefit.

8. mmata

mmata

Good response. The first sensible response in this thread. The left and the right are both supercilious in their view of the other. Both blind to their own flaws and vitriolic in their opinions of the other. Extremes are never helpful in forming a reasoned argument. Honestly, you would find more rational, articulate and reasonable arguments in a kindergarten!

9. Lornz

Lornz

Polls are probably the least factual representation of any subject...

I care not for neither the "left" nor "right", and I have a healthy dose of discontempt for the mainstream media.

I'll let greater minds than me do the talking:

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.

I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    Thomas Jefferson
    (http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2008/03/jefferson_again.html)

"A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier."
    H. L. Mencken

"Any newspaper, from the first line to the last, is nothing but a web of horrors, I cannot understand how an innocent hand can touch a newspaper without convulsing in disgust."
    Charles Baudelaire

"America is a country of inventors, and the greatest of inventors are the newspaper men."
    Alexander Graham Bell

"Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper."
    George Orwell

"A newspaper consists of just the same number of words, whether there be any news in it or not."
    Henry Fielding

"Accuracy to a newspaper is what virtue is to a lady; but a newspaper can always print a retraction."
    Adlai E. Stevenson

"Editor: a person employed by a newspaper, whose business it is to separate the wheat from the chaff, and to see that the chaff is printed."
    Elbert Hubbard

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed."
    Mark Twain

“Newspapers are unable, seemingly to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilization”
    George Bernard Shaw

“Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for that rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge”
    Erwin Knoll

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

There are far too many conspiracy theories here regarding the media. Look, there is no deliberate attempt by the right, or the left, to brainwash you or promote an agenda. The media is the sum total of it's parts. And those parts are individuals who went to journalism school and bring whatever bias and background they have to the table to deliver the news through their point of view. Take the tin foil hats off. The best advice I have is to not get your information all from one source. Problem solved. This is Jon Stewart's greatest flaw. His argument is that FOX is "different" because they present a different side to a story when in fact his argument should be for the viewer or reader to seek out all sides to an argument, both conservative and liberal.

#10     Jun 27, 2011