Chris Matthews continues to prove he is delusional.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 1, 2012.

1. Epic

Epic

Paul will only have influence at the convention if he really steps up his game AND if Newt does well. Paul will probably only get about 200 delegates and will only influence things if Gingrich gets close to Romney and needs an extra couple hundred delegates.

The suit against FL is a lost cause because they already had the option of going proportional to avoid losing 1/2 their delegates. They chose to remain WTA even at the expense of the 50 delegates, and the rules were very well defined.

#21     Feb 2, 2012
  2. Yep. The next few weeks will certainly be fun. And, now with Newt and Trump on the same team, well, even more fun.

c

#22     Feb 2, 2012
  3. Mercor

Mercor

They even had to steal a Republican term once they began to feel guilty with the word Liberal.
    Now they are "progressives"

#23     Feb 2, 2012
  4. Epic

Epic

I think Trump is endorsing Romney actually..

When I first heard that Trump was set to endorse newt, I laughed and said that I thought Trump himself leaked that to get the press buzzing. No way he endorses Newt over Mitt. Trump doesn't endorse a perceived loser and even after Mitt slapped him by bailing on the debate, he still had nothing but good to say about Mitt.

#24     Feb 2, 2012
  5. Epic

Epic

This is Trump's m.o.

1) Decide that you must endorse a candidate while an endorsement would still make news. This means that waiting until after super Tuesday is too risky. As soon as it looks clear who the nominee will be, you've got to act.

2) Tell the media that you'll be making a huge statement at an upcoming event that you need to draw a crowd for, but make sure you tell them a couple days ahead.

3) Have a couple people leak false information about a Newt endorsement the morning of the announcement, just to get the media buzzing in the wrong direction.

4) Take the stage and ramble for an hour about how much influence you have, and how much your endorsement means.

5) Fake out the media by endorsing the odds on favorite, Mitt Romney.

There you have it... you've just captured the headlines again.

Really what tipped it off to me that Trump was gonna endorse Romney was Newt's reaction to the news that Trump was going to endorse him. He reacted like it was the first he'd heard of it. No way that Trump lets an endorsement go down like that. You can guarantee that Trump will have already scheduled the event and notified the candidate to clear their schedule so that they can take the stage together.

#25     Feb 2, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, good analysis, truth be told im surprised there wasnt a massive firework show and a miliitary flyover while he was making his endorsement.......

It wouldnt have surprised me if he simply walked into the next republican debate stole the microphone and started endorsing someone, then start talking about how the room they were hosting the debate in was a shithole, and that he could have done better..... :D

#26     Feb 2, 2012
  7. I am sorry for the bad reporting above. My bad, Trump and Mitt, not Trump and Newt.

c

#27     Feb 2, 2012
  8. Thanks for that, I must have listened to some hype and then got caught up at work. A whole different dynamic now.

c

#28     Feb 2, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

It was just another Trump magic trick. Leak one way then zag the other.

Trump always goes with the winner so he can buy political favor. He even gave something like $40,000 to Rahm when he was running for Chicago Mayor. You never know when you'll need some zoning rule pushed through or a law re-written just a little. Just ask Warren Buffett.

#29     Feb 2, 2012