Chris Matthews believes Businesses are engaged in a giant conspiracy to sink Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 11, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

So much bad information in this video, it is alarming.... It is starting to become apparent that old Chris tingle up his leg Matthews simply can not handle the thought of Obama possibly losing.

First he says Businesses are holding on to 2 trillion in cash in a giant conspiracy to make Obama look bad, and prevent him from being re-elected, then he calls his guest an idiot, then he says that businesses have supposedly been running "billions of dollars of attack ads against obama" which is also untrue.

Then when the guest says to Matthews, that the only idea Obama has for keeping the economy going is more government spending, Matthews replies, "No, by investment, by investment,(Dont know how this is different then government spending) have you been to Europe lately? Have you seen their infrastructure..."

Matthews is apparently unaware of the irony in bringing Europe up which is falling apart due to much government spending, as an argument for more spending in the U.S.

This guy seems to be getting crazier by the day.

<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=1&VID=23636453&freewheel=69016&sitesection=breitbartprivate' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

2. Perhaps this conspiracy ties into Krugman's theory on aliens attacking us?

3. matthews IS freethinker

both are bat shit crazy(in a stupid kind of way )

btw (soy milk commercial) : I don't recommend men esp boys drinking soy milk, too much estrogen.

4. Ricter

Ricter

False. Europe is falling apart because of a shared currency but unshared fortune/misfortune. We'd have the same problem here if the federal government was not making transfer payments to some of our states.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You can call it whatever you like, but you and the OP are essentially referring to the same thing. Government spending in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Ireland and France is just too much for the ability of those countries to finance. The debt market had enough, and subsequently locked some of them out of the market to borrow. All will eventually go that way.

You're right on the shared currency aspect because those countries (like Italy and Greece) would normally just devalued their way back to prosperity, but now cannot. So they have to pay the bill this time since default is not (being allowed as) an option.

As for transfer payments, that works here because there IS a federal government. There is no federal government of Europe.

6. Ricter

Ricter

Spain and Greece don't belong in the same sentence if you're referring to pre crisis spending. As for now, yeah, no duh. Spain's unemployment rate is what, near 25%? Germany's?

7. I dont think Chris matthews believes anything he says.

i truly think he goes home at night and laughs to himself about the stuff he says and gets paid a lot of money for. He probably gets a kick out of it. I'd bet anything that is whats going on.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Well that's just it, isn't it. Pre-crisis spending was at levels that was unsustainable for each country based on the taxes they were able to generate before real estate went "pop".

Again, call it whatever you want. Both Spain and Greece spent at higher levels than the output of their countries could tolerate. When you spend more than you make, it is game over (eventually). Doesn't matter if you are a person, a country or the USA (with a reserve currency).

The only difference is the time in which it takes for the Day of Reckoning to arrive. But it comes all the same.

9. pspr

pspr

You mean Jeapordy! Master, Chris Matthews? That Chris Matthews? :D

10. Arnie

Arnie

I'm surprised he still gets people to come on the show. I have yet to see him not talk over someone, even the ones he agrees with.

Get your popcorn ready. If Romney wins, this guy will probabaly start chewing the carpet. :D

#10     Jun 11, 2012