Chris Christie WILL NOT Be the Republican VP Candidate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Jul 7, 2012.

1. 377 or pspr wont be any good either. . . :( .

#31     Jul 7, 2012
  2. Give it up, buddy.

If Bush ran today against Obama, Bush would win. Whatever your opinions on President Bush, he did not ruin the financial livelihoods of Americans, sure some people were upset with his foreign policy, but by and large IRAQ had NOTHING to do with Americans ability to put food on the table. It had virtually no impact on people's personal fortunes. Most Americans did not care and do not even know where Iraq is on a fucking map. The only thing they do know is they had much better lives under President Bush than Obama, they had their homes, they could do their groceries without resorting to food stamps, they had JOBS, they could pay for their kids college education. All this is gone now under Obama. The only crazies who are obsessed with Bush, Iraq and Guantanamo are either hippies or foreigners like Europeans and Canadians.

So give it up.

#32     Jul 7, 2012

3. If that were true Jeb would have ran

#33     Jul 7, 2012
  4. I agree.Romney has to pick somebody who appeals to conservatives and doesn't turn off independents imo.Pawlenty fits the bill

#34     Jul 7, 2012
  5. Christie had his 15 minutes, along with the other crazies like Mr. 999 and, oh lawd Santorum. What a group. What a group.

#35     Jul 7, 2012
  6. Even chrisfatman knows the ticket would be a loser, that seems to be the conclusion.

#36     Jul 8, 2012
  7. +1

Pawlenty is even a welcome guest on MSNBC, Maddow no less. They don't try to bury him. He is a rational conservative.

#37     Jul 8, 2012
  8. piezoe

piezoe

That might be Romney's best strategy -- a woman with an Hispanic last name on the ticket, as long as she is not too obviously unqualified, such as McCain's running mate turned out to be. I don't know anything about Martinez, but chances are good that she is fluent in Spanish, a huge asset! Combine that with being a female and you have a tremendous voter draw potential, assuming she is well liked in New Mexico and is seen to have done a good job there.

Would Romney making a good choice for a running mate be considered surprising? For his sake, I would hope not.

#38     Jul 8, 2012
  9. Don't know much about this guy, but on the assumption he is sane, he would therefore have no chance. They need a firebreather. Both parties almost always put one in as veep, so the top guy can be sane & rational for the middle, while the veep candidate keeps the base happy.
    They'd be nuts to do it any differently.

#39     Jul 8, 2012
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Joel Osteen them. He's perfect, gets 100% of the base and a closet lunatic to boot. :D

The girls love him!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505270_162-57359651/osteen-romney-believer-in-christ-like-me/

If I may interject a serious note here, it could just be that the best Republican strategy of all would be to use this election, which is lost anyway, to jettison the lunatics in their base and go back to their core principles of an earlier day. "No man can serve two masters."

#40     Jul 10, 2012