Chris Christie WILL NOT Be the Republican VP Candidate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Jul 7, 2012.

1. That doesn't answer my question.

My question was: Why do adults behave like children and engage in name-calling?

The fact that Christie engages in that type of behavior doesn't make it okay for anyone else to do it.

No matter who does it, that type of behavior is childish. (And a good reason why Christie shouldn't be chosen as a vice-presidential candidate.)

#21     Jul 7, 2012
  2. Yes,but picking a VP that held 2 major economic positions in Bush's cabinet for 8 years can make it a much bigger issue especially where Obama needs it most,the economy,debts and deficits

Portmens last cabinet position under Bush

Office of Management and Budget

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is a Cabinet-level office, and is the largest office within the Executive Office of the President of the United States

Mission

The OMB's predominant mission is to assist the President in overseeing the preparation of the federal budget and to supervise its administration in Executive Branch agencies. In helping to formulate the President's spending plans, the OMB evaluates the effectiveness of agency programs, policies, and procedures, assesses competing funding demands among agencies, and sets funding priorities. The OMB ensures that agency reports, rules, testimony, and proposed legislation are consistent with the President's Budget and with Administration policies.

In addition, the OMB oversees and coordinates the Administration's procurement, financial management, information, and regulatory policies. In each of these areas, the OMB's role is to help improve administrative management, to develop better performance measures and coordinating mechanisms, and to reduce any unnecessary burdens on the public.

#22     Jul 7, 2012

3. My question would be why dont you and others who criticize those who insult Christie never bring this up in treads when Christie is doing the insulting :confused:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245400&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

Not one post from the right criticizing Christie when he is calling people idiots.Just the opposite in fact

#23     Jul 7, 2012
  4. I'm not criticizing those who insult Christie as much as I'm asking a much more general question: Why do adults engage in name calling? There's a lot of it on this forum and I find it puzzling.

#24     Jul 7, 2012
  5. Generally I only insult other posters who insult me first.Why ? Because they insulted me first

I insult politicians who insult others for the same reason.I don't make posts calling Romney magic underwear Mitt because he doesn't insult others.I dont even personally insult Bush and sometimes I actually defend him

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245584

#25     Jul 7, 2012
  6. I understand your frustration when someone starts a fight by calling you a name. I admit I've been provoked into name calling myself a few times.

My point is, the discussions here would be more interesting if we don't respond to name calling with more name calling, but instead respond with a logical rebuttal.

#26     Jul 7, 2012
  7. Why do adults resort to name calling?

they were provoked , as you have said you were.
    Christie is supposed to represent the reporter, who pays his salary, not insult him.

#27     Jul 7, 2012
  8. The times I've been provoked into name calling are very few. There are some people who engage in name calling as a matter of habit. They do it all the time. There's a big difference.

#28     Jul 7, 2012
  9. Romney cant pick Christie ,Portman has to many ties to Bush,Rubio has to much baggage and controversy

Pawlenty might be a good pick,even dems like myself and Chris O'Donnell like him personally.He has the conservative record conservatives want and wont take the spotlight off of Mitt.He doesn't bring any states but he wont turn off any voters like many possible picks would imo

#29     Jul 7, 2012
  10. Romney is unlikely to do anything surprising/risky at this point, though Susan Martinez (Gov, NM) supposedly is being thoroughly vetted right now. She would be an interesting choice, but she's definitley a longshot. http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswe...-new-mexico-s-governor-can-teach-the-gop.html

Pawlenty is the safe (and most likely) choice.

#30     Jul 7, 2012