Chris Christie Slaps around Teachers union thugs.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Sep 12, 2010.

1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

1 billion minus 820 million equals 280 million?

Maybe he shouldn't cut education funding after all.

#11     Sep 12, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

I noticed that long before you did, you cant really fault him for making a simple wording error when he is quoting all kinds of numbers. Bottom line is that New Jersey Teacher Unions got an extra 800 million, combined with a kick in the ass they didnt even see coming.

#12     Sep 12, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

I heard it too, it is in the first video, it seems pretty nondescript to me.

Feel free to point out a way in which that would have benefited him, and he would have gotten away with it.

#13     Sep 12, 2010
  4. Yikes, I can't believe I recheck this.

Corzine spent 1b.

Chrisie cut the budget to preserve 820 m of that 1b. Plus he added another 280m which means Christie 's education budget allocation was higher than Corzines.

#14     Sep 12, 2010
  5. cstfx

cstfx

He didn't preserve 820 m, he cut that from the education budget compared to the year before, which had that Corzine/Obama gift factored in. That's why all the teachers are pissing and moaning and sticking needles into their little Christie voodoo dolls.

But he makes valid points that seem lost on public union members in that I (or you, etc) have to pay for these employees benefits packages BEFORE we take care of ourselves (real estate and sales taxes) while they continue to expect the status quo to remain. Some people need that kick in the ass.

#15     Sep 13, 2010