Chris Christie: Romney's 'Gifts' Comments 'Divisive'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 16, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/chris-christie-romneys-gifts-comments-divisive-102749037--politics.html

Chris Christie: Romney's 'Gifts' Comments 'Divisive'

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Friday added his name to a growing list of Republicans who are rebuking Mitt Romney over his “gifts” comments.

“You can't expect to be a leader of all the people and be divisive,” said Christie on MSNBC’s Morning Joe when asked if he agreed with fellow Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, who was one of the first to criticize the former GOP nominee over the comments.

In a conference call with donors Wednesday, Romney said that minorities and young people voted for Obama because he offered them “gifts.”

Said Christie: “You have to talk about themes, policies that unite people. And play to their aspirations and their goals and their hopes for their family and their neighbors. And I always think this is scapegoating after elections. When you lose, you lost."

Jindal, an Indian-American and possible presidential candidate in 2016, quickly condemned Romney’s comments, calling them “absolutely wrong.”

Christie, who is also considered a possible candidate in four years, profusely praised President Obama’s response to Hurricane Sandy the week before the election, raising the ire of the Romney camp.

2. More love from his party and pal Christie :D

I've never seen a nominee get thrown under the bus as fast and brutally as Mitt has

3. That's funny, christie doesn't realize the people he's stabbing in the back were the conservatives who could have put him on the ticket.

I think it's pretty much over for chris at this point.
    His only hope is to check into the betty ford clinic .

4. I respectfully disagree PT. I think Christie has done much to garner the National attention of many voters. His plain talk can be harsh to some, but is heaven to others. Many independents are starting to pay attention to him. I guess we'll see?

5. As noted several times, even here on ET, nobody really wanted Mitt, not even his own party. Nothing major to see him tossed out IMO.