Chris Christie is in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pz_z0_G0vIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#31     Sep 24, 2011
  2. wildchild

wildchild

Christie has not been one to be coy with his opinions or plans. Why would he suddenly get cute with this decision?

#32     Sep 24, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is a good intro to In-trade. Notice how much size is on the offer for Hilary back in 2007.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8ZmCNrgI1IY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#33     Sep 24, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Wow, i really did not realize that these markets were this sophisticated, and had this much action. From the videos i have watched on youtube you are right that betfair seems much more organised

Do you know if you have to have 100% of the money in order to float an order on these sites? Or would you be able to set up some sort of trigger order, but not sit on the book, thus not using a lot of buying power? I mean in my head im just thinking that some of these markets would be a reversion traders wet dream, but the thing is that you would need to put a lot of money into a company like this to sit on a ton of different contracts, if they required 100% cash for the order, or there is no other way to execute.

What i find strange is that they charge .05 to hit the bid/offer but pay nothing to sit, but they claim they dont charge any commissions on intrade. Im curious after i saw that they work pretty much the same way ECN's do, who in their right mind would have been hitting the offer on Quadaffi at 99.9.

I can already think of all kinds of easy ways you could make money on this if you could get the size off, maybe ill just throw down like 10k and give it a try.

Thx for posting the videos.

#34     Sep 24, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Herman Cain would be a free money short if he makes it to 10%+, or higher, currently he is trading at 0.5%.(though i dont like 10-1 odds) Lets see how that changes, I wonder if anyone will get sucked in by the florida straw poll results.

#35     Sep 24, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow, Herman Cain won the FL straw poll in a landslide. WTF. Well, that's a message to Christie the race is his to lose. That is quite frankly embarrassing for the GOP field.

Cain's VP stock just went up pretty sharply though.

#36     Sep 24, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

Christie's weight scares me. He is a heart attack waiting to happen. The stress of a Presidential campaign could be too much for him.

#37     Sep 24, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Would you like a little salt and pepper to go with that crow?

#38     Sep 24, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Four more years of Odumnass scares me a lot more.

#39     Sep 25, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

For what? I said the guy has no chance of winning. I'll make you a market if you want to bet? Do you?

While I am very surprised he did so well, my guess is that all the others did very poorly and Cain is a very funny guy with good one liners that seems to excite the crowd but will never translate into votes. I stick by what I said about him. Personally I like the guy a lot, but when he says things like he "caught" cancer, when in fact, you can't "catch" cancer, it worries me. His knowledge of foreign policy on a scale of 1 to 10 is negative 25. He has street smarts and common sense and he probably had a bright economic adviser who gave him the triple 9 plan which I like, but he just doesn't have the knowledge required to be President. I stand by that and I'm ready to back it up with money.

#40     Sep 25, 2011