Chris Christie is beating the **** out of Piers Morgan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 21, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I was trying to point out to you that you had defined yourself as such with your words.

#21     Feb 22, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Are we even talking about the same thing? I think it was a meaningless sound bite for Christie to say that Buffett should just write a cheque if he thinks the rich should pay more taxes. That was a stupid, hackneyed and meaningless partisan comment during an otherwise fairly good performance. It was about as legitimate a response to a key issue as "Piss off."

#22     Feb 23, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

The problem is that Morgan keeps interrupting his interviewees when they are trying to answer the very questions he just asked. He should stop steering course mid-sentence. Also, I'm not a fan of some of his stock questions, i.e., "If you could relive one moment..." (At times, he reminds me of the self-important Frasier Crane character.)

#23     Feb 23, 2012
  4. I agree that the "talking over" style and the interruptions come off as rude and somewhat indifferent. Many times the guest will be talking about a sensitive topic and Morgan will shift gears suddenly and go to an entirely different topic and it can be awkward.

#24     Feb 23, 2012
  5. Yeah we're talking about the same thing, and you obviously don't get it.
    If you're Christie, this is how you get elected.

#25     Feb 23, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Maybe so, but I had regarded him as better than that, political differences notwithstanding. Apart from a few slitherings out of giving a genuine response to some pointed questions, he struck me as being otherwise genuine. That Buffett comment, while perhaps appealing to his base, was not genuine. My comment was about the man himself, not his strategy. I have no doubt he would do well if he ran, and he would certainly and obviously come out head and shoulders above the other GOP contenders.

#26     Feb 23, 2012
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Soundbite? Buffett rails on and on about "low" tax rates, but takes a $100K salary and ends up paying just over 17% in taxes. He's the ultimate hypocrite and should be called out for it on every interview.

He really needs to be grilled about why he cheerleads and even helps craft legislation that he profits from...and makes huge profits from TARP.

#27     Feb 24, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Yes, the street version of that sound bite would be "yo mama." It was not a serious response to a legitimate question.

#28     Feb 24, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Buffett is the exact opposite, which makes me wonder about you. He's willing to pay more taxes, but only a fool will be the only one. It's like being the only one not peeing in the pool. Either everybody plays by the rules or there is no game. Seriously, did I really have to tell you that?

#29     Feb 24, 2012
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

No, Buffet is a total hypocrite. Take off your blinders. He could be the first in line to say "I'll pay the full current rate since I think it's the right thing to do." If he had an ounce of integrity, he'd do that or shut his trap about taxes.

And he could stop promoting then taking gov't handouts (e.g., TARP) and rely on the "value investing" for which he's supposedly famous. His walk and talk are totally out of line.

#30     Feb 24, 2012