Chris Christie is beating the **** out of Piers Morgan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

See, Maverick, you got Max on your side. That means it's time to rethink your position. He's here to smear, not to talk about the interview, now calling Morgan a leftist something or other. I'm no fan of Morgan, because I think he talks too much and doesn't let his interviewees answer the very questions he asks. But that's a different issue from the one you're bringing forth. Also, for all his supposed partisanship, according to Max, he did think Christe should run because he would be a serious contender. You ever hear such "partisanship" from the other side of the interview aisle on, say, Fox?

#11     Feb 22, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

That was singularly the most stupid thing he said in an interview where he otherwise conducted himself quite smoothly. How surprising that you would fall for a cheap and meaningless throw-away sound bite.

#12     Feb 22, 2012
  3. Christie says he likes giving tax credits to those who don't pay any income taxes. I addressed this in another thread, and was told that this is 'welfare' - so, if I wanted to be a putz about, Christie is for welfare all around.

10% cut to everyone, and if you don't pay taxes, you still get a tax credit.

Watched it all, somewhat evasive, but he does handle himself well. No 'ass kicking' that I picked up at all. Pretty fair interview.

c

#13     Feb 22, 2012
  4. Exactly, it's typical for that guy (maxi).
    Ted doesn't understand the situation in America, like so many one issue people they are looking through blinders and only see what they want to see. There are solid arguments on both sides of this issue.

#14     Feb 22, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

So, you are calling yourself a "putz"?

#15     Feb 22, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

It figures that the horses brASS would like Piers Morgan, given the fact that he is also an insane narcissist, who evidently enjoys talking to himself....

Im no fan of Ted Nugent, or much of what he says, , but i like it any time someone tells Piers Morgan to kiss his ass on live T.V.

#16     Feb 22, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Yeah, Max really has it goin' on.

#17     Feb 22, 2012
  8. Umm, no.
    That was a perfect thing to say. I disagree with Christie, but that's not what we're talking about here: he was blunt at a time when we have a Prez who has a real hard time being blunt, except of course in his actions. (ask Osama, well, if you can find him...)
    People underestimate and continue to underestimate Obama because he isn't blunt in his words. It's just the opposite with Christie.
    As for his girth, go to Wal-Mart. Or as an American executive abroad I know tangentially who is equally blunt in his views puts it when he comes back to the US for the occasional meeting with his executive overseers, "I'm back in the land of the lard eaters."
    Being thin and in excellent shape, I find this repugnant, but America in general is right there with Christie.
    He will be a refreshing change in 2016, by which time forthrightness will be not just prized, but something the average voter will be lusting after with a vengeance.
    He is the true Republican analogue to Truman. Lots of Republicans have tried to say they're the inheritors of Truman's ability to speak the truth as he saw it and let the chips fall where they may, but Christie is the only one who gets it not just intellectually but in his bones.
    I feel sorry, seriously sorry, for the Dem who gets the nod four years from now. He'll never know what hit him.

#18     Feb 22, 2012
  9. OK, no, I'm saying that if I took the road that so many do on these threads that I, too, could come off like a putz by stating that, A poor attempt at sarcasm I guess.

c

#19     Feb 22, 2012
  10. Christie did do a nice job of dodging the GM question in a remarkably professional manner. I've got to say that he is extremely "quick on his feet"; something sorely lacking in some of the other prominent Republicans. I was even inclined to believe his reply that he "needed more thought" on the subject. It is a pretty complicated question if one were to really consider all of the alternatives and/or "pro's" and "con's" of a bailout vs non-bailout.

On the other hand, I'm in complete disagreement with regards to Piers Morgan's interviewing ability. I think that he conducts the best interviews (outside of these political hit pieces). The celebrity interviews are as good as anything on tv. Good questions, provocative answers, it's entertaining.

#20     Feb 22, 2012