Chris Christie, im sure this speech caught most lefties off guard.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 5, 2011.

1. What about Weiner against Frank? OH, the humanity.:eek: Yeah, there on the same side, but still.

#21     Aug 5, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#22     Aug 5, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I think it was an old IBM ad called "performance" that showed two guys side by side, both 140 lbs. One was tall and skinny, and the other one was short, ripped, with boxing gloves on. Loved the point of that ad.

#23     Aug 5, 2011
  4. is he really 400 pounds?

seriously, how many pounds does he need to drop before he could run? i believe not many would vote for a 400 pound guy. the society has weight prejudice. would people vote for 350? 300?

#24     Aug 5, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I suppose we should give some air time to a "his thighs are too big" argument, in fairness to that other thread. The evidence does suggest liberals have ugly women and conservatives have ugly men.

; )

#25     Aug 5, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Now that Christie has passed some meaningful economic reforms, and given where Obama is polling in the critical swing states, if he ever entertained the thought of the Presidency he will get in later this year. He would be the instant front-runner, and there is a whole ocean of cash sitting on the sidelines waiting for him - and not just from the usual GOP suspects, either. Some big indies and moderate Dems are asking him to get in.

#26     Aug 5, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I'd take a good look at him myself, were that to happen. He will raise taxes when circumstances warrant it, and of course we've seen that he knows how to cut spending. Nothing's going to shrink a deficit like squeezing from both sides. First thing I'd look for are his theories on job (demand) creation.

#27     Aug 5, 2011
  8. bone

bone

Andrew Cuomo is doing a great job in New York State. It would benefit the Democratic Party immensely if they took a que from him. Even Jerry Brown in California is making up their deficit at a furious rate. I hope that this portends a shift in thinking for the national Democratic Party philosophy. It is possible to be progressive and fiscally responsible.

Clearly the traditional Dem approach of expanding government and raising taxes at the expense of fiscal sanity has hit a crossroads (look at the shit show State of Illinios).

Likewise, the nexus for the Republican Party is clearly acceptance of a flat or flatter tax rate with considerable elimination of deductions and loopholes - everyone generally agrees that this will improve tax revenues into the Treasury from both individuals and corporations.

http://nycapitolnews.com/wordpress/2011/06/right-in-the-middle/

#28     Aug 5, 2011
  9. A man who defends a hated people is a link to a more tolerant land. He would make a good president in that respect.

#29     Aug 5, 2011
  10. ======================
    Mr.Max;
    Thoughtful points.Most Muslims have more common sense than to kill Christians & Jews just because the Koran endorses it.

But about 10% of the one billion Muslims are fanatical;
    and they are not just limited to the middle East. Ft Hood shooter was a US citizen.....................................................................

Now he may not be for long, because most of the law enforcement in US,most military in US, they do the death penalty on FT Hood type shooters reguardless of ''religion of peace''.

Maybe Free T should disclose if Gov Rick Perry should be part of ''stone age'' label , for not tithing.:D

#30     Aug 8, 2011