Chris Christie, im sure this speech caught most lefties off guard.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 5, 2011.

1. its the right wingers that are all nutty about how obama is a muslim and sharia law. i dont think that is the same as me riddiculing christian absurdity in america. if you don't want to be ridiculed don't say ridiculous things

#11     Aug 5, 2011
  2. bone

bone

#12     Aug 5, 2011
  3. What I'd like to see is two guys with opposing views and Christie's attitude go head to head. Damn the polls debate! Fuck the extremists debate. This is what I'm going to do and if you don't like it vote for that other guy debate. Get off your asses and make a decision debate. I believe voter turnout would be huge, and then we could really say there is a national mandate to go one way or the other. At that point we as a nation get behind the winner and let the chips fall where they may. I'd be all for that! Impossible I know, but one can dream.

#13     Aug 5, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Maybe it's worth noting how many MSM talking heads and "Progressives" apparently take solace in calling the Tea Party terrorists.

#14     Aug 5, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Everyone is using that word inappropriately and it's losing its meaning. pspr has a habit of late of calling everyone with a different viewpoint a terrorist. Another poster put "liberal terrorists" in his subject line. Etc. This has been going on since about 2004, when 9/11 began to wear off a bit.

#15     Aug 5, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

It's endemic with what has happened with the advent of "talking points". The left is very adept at spreading vile talking points to their group. You'll notice that all the vocal Democrats use the same message, or terms, simultaneously. They all relate their enemy, the Tea Party as an example, as terrorists, hostage takers, not worthy of press coverage, etc. These are the talking points that have been distributed by the White House or other organized group doing the coordination. The theory is that the more people who use the same terms, the same slur, the same derogatory verbiage, the more likely the public will retain that view having been ingrained upon their minds by the sheer repetition of the same message.

#16     Aug 5, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

And the same with the right. It's deja vu all over again.

#17     Aug 5, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Me too, watching politicians debate has basically become a battle of the drones, there isnt anything original that ever comes up, its just talking points vs. talking points.

It would be nice to watch a couple honest politicians(oxymoron) go at it.

#18     Aug 5, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe they should "debate" in a boxing ring? Since all this useless talk isn't getting us anywhere.

:)

#19     Aug 5, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

You might have a tought time finding someone in Christie's weight class....... :D

Christie vs. Robert Reich would be epic. :D

Reich is like 4'7 120 pounds christie is 6'3 400 pounds..... lol it would be sweet.

#20     Aug 5, 2011