Choppy versus Trending

Discussion in 'Trading' started by abattia, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Having a first recourse from long term memory that affords trading comes whether a person wants it or not. It is the nature of our minds to build the mind as a consequence of drills. You did these at various times in your life. In the pre calculator era people learned the multiplication tables and became flawless at multiplication.

The adjacent bar cases can be learned in 30 seconds. The trending subset has two cases. The non trending subset has 7 cases and 4 of them are halves of two pairs. The irreversable way they unfold can be written on two lines using their names:

SYM>> FTP or FBP >>> Hitch>>> stitch B or stich R>>>OB. This is just an order of events that deals in the internal sub set.

More often it is abreviated: Sym>> FTP or FBP>>> translation (trending). this is just how trending is commonly seen.

For long, the pattern is B2B 2R 2B; for short, the pattern is R2R 2B 2R. If you look at my chart you see the non trending subset in yellow boxes (its automated).

By using two markets where one leads the other at significant times (change) a person can observe a lot of fractals concurrently and there is no mystery when you trade the lagging market and read the leading market.

I mailed my chart out along with a one pager for carryover to start tomorrow.

Today started by completing a long pattern. then a short pattern happened. It was followed by a long pattern that lasted until bar 61. then a short pattern began and finished on bar 78.

So tomorrow we will do what is next.

It gets to be kind of fun once your mind becomes differentiated and this first recourse from long term memory keeps popping up as inference as you sense the forming bar on the charts.

You posted that you wanted to quickly see A or B. You chose A and B to exist. I only chose one of them to exist after I thought about the problem. For me the problem was making money based on incoming information.

We will always get the same raw info and we will always trade using different techniques.

For me it is like driving a car. I feel comfortable, supported and confident. CW causes people to have three feelings also. They are very different than comfort, support and confidence as you see by reading posts.

Fortunately, there are many people who will be glad to protect you from my orientation. They are having "shoot the messenger" experiences....lol....

#21     Dec 1, 2009
  2. My charts are from Tucson, AZ which is rancher oriented. We are mountain time most of the year. The market shifts its opening time in the winter when the sun on the range comes up later.

Now my charts are two hours off from NYC. since the market is only open half a day in ranching parlance, nowadays I have breakfast and lunch a little later. In between, is RTH's of the markets.

As you see, when smart money makes up its mind, the trade is always with the trend. I front run the smart money on any fractal I trade. For stocks, it used to upset the SEC until they got better programmers who could differentiate front runners from insiders. It was a fun period.

#22     Dec 1, 2009

3. Jack is still researching how to paper trade.

#23     Dec 1, 2009
  4. Quote from jack hershey:
    ... If you look at my chart you see the non trending subset in yellow boxes ...

What differenciates a yellow box with blue perimeter from yellow with red perimeter?

#24     Dec 2, 2009
  5. undisputedly, crowned king of the bullshit artists

#25     Dec 2, 2009
  6. Quote from Fleming Snopes: ... You will trade better if you forget about everything but identifying support and resistance...

Fleming Snopes,
    Pivot levels seem (to me) to be one of the most consistently useful methods of doing this. How do you rate them?

#26     Dec 2, 2009
  7. #27     Dec 2, 2009
  8. As you see today the red box extends from bar 13 to 18 so far. This is termed a lateral. Laterals are sideways price movement that simply stretch the pattern. There is a coding limit on bars for pragmatic reasons.

You can see on beginning of br 19 the lateral ended on this R2R 2B 2R pattern.

#28     Dec 2, 2009

9. bar 22 is an m1 condition leading into m2 ?

#29     Dec 2, 2009
  10. On page 1 of that reference you are conducted to other journals. The "futures" one was the syllabus we used. It covered 2007 roughly.
    The "iterative refinement" was more a Q and A for those who continued or new potential traders. Presently, there is an overall summary which is designed to articulate everything elsewhere.

The are global meetings three times a year for those who have been working in this paradigm and passing it forward. Usually they coincide with the TradersExpo but we didn't succeed in being able to offer a full day's event on amateur terms (TE presenters are mostly vendors).

I did not post in those journals because of the additional moderator requirement. Basically, when I post, persons who use other paradigms as their standard, take exception to my rationale. As you see, If you are a person who is the center of the universe, then other approaches such as ours are bullshit.

Over 50 plus years my mind became differentiated by using problem solving in a deductive manner. this has been passed on since 1957 onward. Those who do the "work" become differenttiated mentally.

You pointed out many prefrences and opinions that are counter to the paradigm we use. there has never been a thorough statisitcal analysis of the results of learning the paradigm and it application. several volumteer based polls have occurred. Their average result is that 4 out of 5 people reject our approach out of hand. This is a terrific filter for us.

CW and our paradigm cannot be compared, apparently. Today, for example we started with a long and now we are finishing a short pattern. Market annotation and logging and trading is like driving a car. CW trading is not like driving a car.

As an Electrical Engineer and English Major, I spent my life doing as I chose since I only worked for a few years at IBM (I was an MTS at BTL as a graduate student, I was allowed to skip Kelly College) Because I wrote books in many fields (Architecture (AIA); Environment (Ford); Energy (EOP), I participated in several institutionalizing processes and regulatory inovations (PL 92_500. EIS of NEPA, and several cabinet level organizational breakouts (EPA, DOE, HEW split up)). I gave away 31 book royalties and their copyrights.

My point in this brief bio is that I looked at things differently than others and was able to inovate as I chose without strings attached.

The approach we use is four generations old and is not acceptable to mostly anyone who is locked into traditions and convention. THe approach is mostly tied to building the mind through "work". The mind's function is very complex and fast. I was extremely fortunate in having affiliations with the Jung Institute (66-67) and later with the largest academic consortium where I ran 2 of 5 divisions. I focussed on mental processes re problem solving in many fields.

Our construct is free of anomalies and we do not entertain "noise" as a factor as a consequence of thoroughness.

It is always a neat experience to relate to users. It is like working with professional problems solvers who solve difficult problems.

The fact that one pattern emerges in the financial markets is quite appealing and it provides the main stem for differentiating the mind through the ordinary means of mind differentiation. A self selecting group of people and their leader, has gone the route on this. I feel I did a good thing in putting them on point and supporting their thorough inquiry to bering things to excellence. ET got to see those guys, lead by Spyder get the job done over five plus years. So the record is in and complete.

4 0ut of 5 people reject our approach. So do adapt components to their systems, however. I have always been amazed how human filtering works. In this case, the wrong people do not do the "work". We encouraged all to do the work and there were two caveats: we asked them to pass it forward and we asked that they contribute to the solving of local problems with free time and money.

Fear and greed worked for us, perfectly.

We also learned that after a certain point, a person on the wrong road could not jump into this paradigm simply because he had made decisions that built his mind into a state where doing the work would not be possible bacuse of the starting point's prior critical thinking degredation. People in this state draw various conclusions about our approach and our characters and personalities. In effect, they present themselves through their views of us.

We are viewed by them as unresponsive. We do not deal with their wants. We do not entertain phishing. So what we do is for them, things called "claims". It is normal for anyone unfamiliar with a possibility to examine it sceptically or with scepticism. A person may "need" proofs as well. Due diligence is a watch word of the financial industry. The bottom line is the trader and especially his mind.

"Building Minds for Building Wealth" and its appendices is a rough out of the basics for stocks. Lots of pragmatic tools were invented along the way. To get people to work, was suggested. The medical model was used. training in that mode is something Spyder did and so did I. I remember the insurance cost runup in malpractice insurance.

I have culled through over 10,000 pages of posts to gather the essentials in five areas. Typing is now an exercise for me to try to get my mind and eyes on the same page. In a few months it will happen; there is a trend.

I plan on thoroughly presenting the CW case as well. The CW fear, anxiety and anger that is part and parcel of CW practitioner's posts is intreguing. I have dossiers on a bundle of ET people who came and went. The sequence commonly gone through by a potential trader learning repeated failure is well documented on ET.

My suggestion to you is to get in contact with a local user of our stuff. Also, consider connecting to those who attend the global meetings; it is an experience of a lifetime. You will notice there is an assessor level before the beginner level.

Good luck.

#30     Dec 2, 2009
    Sprout likes this.