Choppy markets today - getting whipsawed to death ... :-(

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Harry, Sep 28, 2001.

1. I hope they fix the damn bugs in the new version. As to ADRX, I didn't pick it - the Oz Scanner did. But have been having problems with the scanner in the new version of RealTick. It was working like a charm all of last week.

#11     Sep 28, 2001
  2. Harry

Harry

@Sniper Trader
    That's very intersting for me - when I saw "Sniper Trader" I immediately thaugt of Tony Oz's "Sniper Position" he describes in his secon book - I just read it some weeks ago.

What Scan did you use - I'm with Cybertrader - so it's a bit harder for me because I do not get the scans right ...

#12     Sep 28, 2001
  3. http://www.stockjunkie.com/tonyoz/sc9.htm

He has his other scans on there as well, but this is the one I have been using last week.

Bill

PS: I have been heavily coached by Tony, (I live 5 minutes away from him and known him from DTUSA), but Sniper happens to also be my last name :) You don't think he might have borrowed my last name for his book, do you? :D

#13     Sep 28, 2001
  4. Harry

Harry

Funny coincidence ...
    Well, I think I'm getting a bit envious ... I'm living some thousand miles from Tony Oz (Austria/Europe) - also we do not have this kind of Daytraders Organizations here - after reading his book, I thought that he is trading the way I want to trade - just "a bit" more successfull ...
    Anyway - thank you very much for the link :)

#14     Sep 28, 2001
  5. Harry

Harry

I just glanced over the "Skyscraper Setup" - semms to be "the opposite" of the "Pullback Scan" - in these downmarkets the first one is sure the better choice

#15     Sep 28, 2001
  6. I believe the pullback scan is what he now calls bottom fisher. I have used this scan successfully as well, but in these markets, I like the sky scraper a lot better :)

Bill

#16     Sep 28, 2001
  7. Sniper

I was to be short GILD as well at the open just as a fade of the gap..... but could not log onto RT until after 10:30 est due to the problems. What a nice set-up. Meanwhile, I have been wondering, what is the deal with Tony's scans in RT? I see them but I don't seen to be able to access them. Do you have to be a Terra Nova specific client? I meant to ask him in Anaheim but forgot.

BTW I was the speaker at your DTUSA meeting last January. I spoke about L2 interpretation and order execution, etc. I was talking to Richard R. the other day about this whacked out industry. Man how times have changed since that meeting.

Scott

#17     Sep 28, 2001
  8. I guess I should also mention that Tony likes the New Kid on the Block scan, but in all honesty, anytime I trade something from that scan I get my a$$ handed to me. Yet, he makes a killing off that scan. I guess those stocks are just too thin for me ...

On another note, it is great to have traders from Europe on this board. I think it is totally cool to interact with traders from all over the world.

Have a great weekend,

Bill

#18     Sep 28, 2001
  9. Harry

Harry

"Bottom Fishing" - the names change as the markets change ... :)
    So, thank you very much for your help - I hope we stay in contact - this was my first day posting on the Board - usually I post on German Boards - it's a lot harder to post in your second language ...
    Well, I think the way Tony trades suits me very well - I'll try and hope to get help from the Board ... it would be quite a trip for me to get a coaching from Tony - even though I've been to the US some times ...

I don't know, if I can post that regularly on the Board - for any messages, that is my Email-Adress: a9325280@unet.univie.ac.at

Thank you !

#19     Sep 28, 2001
  10. DATTrader,

You have to call RealTick and ask them to activate it for you. It costs $20. MB gave me the run around telling me it wasn't available for weeks. I called RealTick and after speaking to four people I finally got it.

Bill

#20     Sep 28, 2001