Choppy markets today - getting whipsawed to death ... :-(

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Harry, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Harry

Harry

Anyone doing better ?

2. jskeldon

jskeldon

today is low volume, end of quarter, similar to summer trading, best not to trade perceived breakouts or breakdowns, but instead trade ie sell 4 period high MA buy 4 period low MA, on a slower moving liquid type stock like INTC

3. GaretJax

GaretJax

I was up $1000+ after 3 trades and they I was locked out by the 25K rule. I thought it started on monday. Hopefully my IB futures account will be approved soon so I can trade e-minis.

GaretJax

4. Harry

Harry

Thanks for the tip - but I'm trying not to trade that short term - it seems not to be my market today ;-)
    Harry

5. Are you locked out for 90 days?

6. Harry

Harry

@GaretJax
    What strategy ? I mean for up $1000 ;-)

7. I had an okay day, but I quit early because of software problems. I took GILD, BGEN, AMGN, and ADRX short on a sky-scraper setup - did okay on those. I also took a whopping 24 cents from QQQ on the short side.

I had a ton of problems with the new version of RealTick today, so I said enough is enough and quit trading.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Bill

8. Satan

Satan

my account is roughly $25,000. using some margin, i'm up about $2,000 in the last 2 days. all trades are swing trades to the long side.

9. Harry

Harry

@Sniper Trader
    Hope, you get your software-problems fixed - ADRX was quite a pick !

10. Harry

Harry

@Satan
    Hey, great - I'm mostly trading the big Nasdaq stocks - so the Index doesn't move today - the stocks aren't moving ...

#10     Sep 28, 2001