Choppy Market today... Anyone else

Discussion in 'Trading' started by samus, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Trade the ES only today and very whippy. I always stay out the first half hour and trade on 3 and 5 min candlestick but today switched to 133 tick chart and finally did okay.

Just have to wait out those whippy areas and if they don't settle down then u either stay out or get chopped.

good luck boys.

D

#41     Jan 28, 2008
  2. John_IL

John_IL

Thank you this is great advise

#42     Jan 28, 2008
  3. I traded only 10k shares today - 25% my average. Had a few morning moves in my stocks and otherwise watched the choppiness. I wasn't seeing the customer orderflow today. Didn't have anything decent past 10:05. Definitely a chop day. Luckily I got out of it positive. Seems like everyone is waiting for Bernanke.

#43     Jan 28, 2008
  4. After looking at the bid ask action today its clear... Today was panic buying :D

#44     Jan 28, 2008
  5. John_IL

John_IL

I really like your idea.
    Basically you are going against the trend? Buying on the bounce and selling at resistance?
    What indicators do you use besides charts?

Thanks for posting the chart.

#45     Jan 28, 2008
  6. John_IL

John_IL

:confused:

#46     Jan 28, 2008
  7. lol if you thought today was a great day then i don't even want to know how excited you got when we gapped down 500.

#47     Jan 28, 2008
  8. samus

samus

I agree with you... on extreme moves to the upside, I usually short and wait for price to come back to the EMA for a fairly decent profit. I ended up ok today, but probably would've been better served to sticking to one strategy instead of multiple strategies. I think I just made it more complicated than it needed to be. Tomorrow's another day.

#48     Jan 28, 2008
  9. eddie--d

eddie--d

Good advice. One tiny trade today. Short BIDU at about 2:45 on support line break. Took 3 1/2. It gave more but the day's chop made me too touchy.

#49     Jan 28, 2008

10. You gotta love bidu, i found some action during the day in the AH sndk and vmw had some nice moves.

Market was up if the stock your watching is not moving don't make the mistake, go and find another. Biggest mistake traders make is on a tough trading day they don't know what to do.

#50     Jan 28, 2008