Chop wood, carry water

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Lao Tzu, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

I was writing for traders who are still aspiring. To suggest that if they have goals for trading other than simply making money, they may be disappointed. In other words, not to freight trading development down with desires that trading success may not be able to deliver for you. Coming out the other end, you will still be you. Not to insult anybody here, but you will still be any of the following that apply: unattractive, uncouth, antisocial, old, dissatisfied with life, poorly socialized. To answer your question, money has little effect on me. Given that I am all of the above.

#11     Jul 27, 2010
  2. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

I am hoping for human, or better. Animal again would be a bummer. Done that enough times.

#12     Jul 27, 2010
  3. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

All about the same. But the wives drove us to MPD. Actually I find it quite comforting. I can kick back and read philosophy and think about the underlying nature of the markets while the other dumb asses work.

#13     Jul 27, 2010
  4. here's a nice zen video

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=5902279151658995270&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

#14     Jul 27, 2010
  5. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

Even better to buy stock in the companies that build pipelines. I love the dividends from COP, LINE and SE.

#15     Jul 27, 2010
  6. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

Well, coming to this as late in life as I am, I don't expect to get rich rich. My point perhaps was a little too personal. I am doing OK and getting better, but I still work in the yard, sweat, drink a cold one afterwards, cook dinner, wash up, repeat. One thing I didn't think through was the necessity to keep humping system development in case what I have now breaks. For many years I despaired that I might be wasting my time. Now I fear that it won't last long enough to be worth the suffering I invested. I am sure I am not discouraging anyone. Hope blinds aspiration to reality.

#16     Jul 27, 2010
  7. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

Thanks for that link, will watch it all later.

#17     Jul 27, 2010