Choosing a programmer to create custom tools: where and how

Discussion in 'App Development' started by 4xdev0, Sep 18, 2019.

1. 4xdev0

4xdev0

Let`s imagine you have a strategy and want to transform it into automated EA. Where would you look for a programmer? Would it better to search on resources dedicated to Forex or on forums for developers.

What criteria are the most important? How it is possible to evaluate the experience?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. MACD

MACD

Discuss with the expert: @fan27

3. gaussian

gaussian

If you truly believe writing an EA for what I can only assume to be MetaTrader is hard, it is not. It is extremely easy (by design).

If you're unwilling, or somehow unable, to do the programming yourself there is virtually no need to "vet" someone for MQL programming. It's so simple you can either outsource it to another country via a freelance website (your NDAs wont matter anyway) or find a local high school tech program and pay a kid a hundred bucks to do it over the weekend.

I regularly interview senior level software engineers and there is no way, from experience, you need anything more than a pulse (and even that is debatable) to write MQL.

4. some strategies are extremely hard to code, especially those involves in bar context.

CharlesS likes this.
  5. 2rosy

2rosy

i find easy to use proprietary (or visual) languages more difficult to program in

d08 and IAS_LLC like this.
  6. 4xdev0

4xdev0

So, do you thing that MQL coding is easy enough that anyone could learn how to do it, even without relevant background in programming or related sphere?
    As for me, it takes time to learn coding enough to be able to create the strategy paying attention to all aspects. By the way, to my mind, the main advantage of hiring someone s that skilled person would be able to find some "shortcuts" or propose alternative solutions to realize the feature in another way, for example, just because such professional has broader experience and faced issues like this many times.

7. Trader13

Trader13

If you really have a trading system that is consistently profitable, then you are in a small minority with "secret sauce" that you should regard as proprietary and confidential. I suggest you learn how to program it yourself. It's not that hard, especially if you already have the mental capacity to formulate a successful trading strategy to begin with.

Remember, the Winklevoss twins hired Mark Zuckerberg as their programmer.