Choosing a Broker?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by lindec, Oct 13, 2008.

1. IluvVol

IluvVol

...idiot, bucketshops will fill you straight up to 10million? Ludicrous. They disconnect you or force rfq if you trade even 500k or 1million in and out just a little to frequently. You must be joking.

If I knew you ever traded something north of 1million I would call you a liar!!!

#31     Mar 23, 2009
  2. I've tried numerous times to explain it to you but you still seem unable to understand the insignificance of account size. It's not about how much equity you have in your account or whether you can afford to trade in full lots, it's about risk, reward, win, lose, ratios, and percentages. With the no-minimum requirements and trade size flexibility offered by bucketshops such as Oanda there's absolutely no need for anyone to overleverage, none. It's a really simple concept and the essence of trading, I'm surprised you're having so much difficulty understanding it, seriously. I traded with IB a few years ago when FX Trader was first released but I couldn't get along with it or them as a broker so I went back to Oanda and CMC (another bucketshop) where I'm more than happy most of the time. It's personal preference, I don't understand why you're having such a hard time with that. Even IB are not without their own problems.

Well I can't say I've ever had an order filled for 10 million as I don't have funds available to support that sort of size but I have had 3 million to close a series of trades filled instantly without any problems. If you have a look at the average times between opening and closing trades on the blotters I've posted you will see literally hundreds of what people call 'scalping' trades and I've never had any problems.

The difference here is I speak from personal experience of executing literally thousands of trades with Oanda whereas you're basing your opinions on conjecture, in fact there's no evidence to suggest you actually trade this or any other market, it all seems to be theoretical with you, a kind of back seat driver with little or no actual practical experience.

Bottom line is I'm happy where I am, no real complaints, and anyone considering trading with Oanda can simply have a scan through my blotters to see that they're not the evil stop-hunting thieves that those without any practical experience of trading with them try to make out. At the end of the day it's up to the individual where they trade, after all it's their money!

Relax IluvVol, try not to take everything so personally, it's not a good personality trait if you ever expect to become a successful trader!

Enjoy your day, the sun is shining here in UK (for a change!) so I'm going to enjoy mine :)

#32     Mar 23, 2009
  3. IluvVol

IluvVol

this guy twists facts and the truth better than the devil, really second to none. I just urge everyone to not listen to this guy because he clearly DOES NOT KNOW what he is talking about. Not interested in fighting with this guy, just warn the newbies here!!! Go with an ECN based broker if you want to trade spot fx or you will truely regret!!!

#33     Mar 23, 2009
  4. I'm sure the 'newbies' will appreciate your concern and be forever in your debt. Strange as it may seem people generally make up their own mind about what to do with their money but I'm sure your input will help in their decision making process, they will evaluate the information and consider it's source.

It's just a shame you never got round to posting something tangible to suggest you're anything more than a back seat driver but never mind, maybe you were too busy :)

That it then, are we done?

Just a reminder for anyone interested, there is quite a well balanced article about the ECN vs bucketshop debate from a seemingly experienced person here, I think it's worth a read. At the end of the day you must trade where you feel comfortable and where you can apply sensible risk and money management, don't listen to either of us, weigh up the pros and cons and trade with a company which is right for you, your trading style, and of course your available equity, it's not a one-size-fits-all business.

#34     Mar 23, 2009
  5. IluvVol

IluvVol

very fair comment, I laude you on that one Cabletrader

#35     Mar 23, 2009
  6. Careful, that nearly sounded like a compliment :)

Seriously though, I think these debates can be useful, we're obviously both passionate about our own views and this debate hasn't deteriorated into a slanging match or been plagued with hecklers!

Good trading to you IluvVol!

#36     Mar 23, 2009
  7. yeah he's a demo trader then comes on here tellnig everyone how much he makes, etc...jack ass!

--------------------------------------------------
    I've seen a few of cabletrader's posts over the past few months. Most of them indicate that he doesn't actually trade. The one you're referencing takes the cake, though.

#37     Oct 29, 2009
  8. yes ok but who? Seems every broker has bad reviews...
    -------------------------------------------------
    Go with an ECN based broker if you want to trade spot fx or you will truely regret!!!

#38     Oct 29, 2009