Chk

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Boy Plunger, Sep 19, 2005.

1. What's up rixi.

Am i reading this right? They paid $100 per/shr or face value is $100 pr/shr.?

I've been out of CHK since early October but i wouldn't exactly be thrilled if i were a common shareholder with this offering going through.

#11     Nov 1, 2005
  2. RXIS

RXIS

This was announced after market closed on the day of a good cc.
    I bought in too high. I may actually buy more at the lower price.

1.5 billion in notes and preferred shares were announced for the $2.2 billion dollar cash aquisition of Columbia Natural Resaources, LCC

PR Newswire
    "500 million of a new series of its cumulative convertible preferred stock with a liquidation preference of $100 per share."

"$400 million of a new issue of senior notes due 2020"

"$600 million of a new issue of senior unsecured contingent convertible notes due 2035
    The notes will be convertible, under certain circumstances, using a net share settlement process, into a combination of cash and Chesapeake common stock. In general, upon conversion of a note, the holder of such note will receive cash equal to the principal amount of the note and common stock for the note's conversion value in excess of such principal amount"

#12     Nov 1, 2005
  3. Thanks. You can see the slide into this....

Tomorrow hopefully you will get an out trade that will push it up but if i were trading it here i'd set up the channel trades into range extremes. I'm just out of the sector completely for basically two reasons: b/c 90% of my profits have come from individual stocks in the sector in the last 24 months i readily will take time away from the sector's individual plays and concentrate on broad product offerings i.e. XLE that have depth and size. Just my way. I can sense though through readings taken that i may be in individual names soon. Thanks for the heads up rixi.

#13     Nov 1, 2005