ChitChat shouldn't count in posts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by daniel_m, Feb 20, 2003.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Re-think the idea of Member's Status. I propose to give:

Junior Status
    if # posts >30 and member is registered for >1 month and average post quality >3 (1-10 scale)

Senior
    if # posts >100 and registered >3 months and av post quality >5

Elite
    if # posts >500 and registered >1 year and av post quality >7

SuperElite
    if # posts >2000 and registered >2 years and av posts quality >8

Average posts quality should be calculated only from posts which were voted by at least 3 Members - to diminish influence of the situation where 2 members hate themselves and they vote "1" for each opponent's post. Voting can prevent from too many personal attacks on this board.

#41     Feb 26, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

:) Perfect!!! (and a sad commentary on my life, or lack thereof)

#42     Feb 26, 2003
  3. whoa!

eliminate number of posts?

NO WAY!

it's fun seeing how many posts someone has... it surely doesn't do anybody any harm..

let's just eliminate counting chit chat posts and we'll be fine.

and don't listen to candle about it "measuring participation" BS. it's been explained to him a dozen times but that dude just does not get it

#43     Feb 26, 2003
  4. ohh yes dan its a real thrill to see that post #..

ps why don't you and candle look for real lives to live??

#44     Feb 26, 2003
  5. I think these are good ideas and I second them as I thought about the same things.

#45     Feb 26, 2003
  6. So Daniel, why don't you tell us how you really feel about this issue? Does it seem to consume your leisure time? How are your sleep habits? Do you play well with others?

Remember Daniel, sometimes a post is just a post. "Measuring participation".....Perhaps Candle has issues about size, hence the reference to "measurement". But truly, who are we to judge?

As for Candle's lack of ability to "get it". We each have our own reality, and for us, "getting it" is objective to us, yet subjective to others.

Have a cigar boy, you're gonna go far!

Dr. I.M. Scornful, MD

#46     Feb 26, 2003
  7. What a refreshing post. Finally a voice of reason!!!!!

Anybody seen my boy?

MrSubs' Mom

#47     Feb 26, 2003
  8. tfmoney

tfmoney

Amen Candle:cool:

#48     Feb 27, 2003
  9. another idea

How about when you click on a poster profile it shows their % of posts located in Chit Chat.

#49     Apr 20, 2003
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Excellent suggestion! That way the heavy posters in Chit Chat get to keep their total number of posts and, if they're in the Top 15, their status in the Most Active Members list (for whatever significance that has to them), but the rest of us can quickly and easily see how much of a trader they are, or how much of a Chit Chatter they are. Would sure help to separate the wheat from the chaff.

#50     Apr 20, 2003