ChitChat shouldn't count in posts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by daniel_m, Feb 20, 2003.

1. yeah, i like it too candle.

i'm not calling for it to be banned.

i'm just saying let's not count it in the number of posts a member has contributed to elite TRADER when some of those (and in our case MANY) haven't had anything to do with trading.

it's not a perfect system, obviously. but is it an improvement? i think so.

#11     Feb 20, 2003
  2. Nah, I think number of posts in any and all forums should count... just my 2 cents...

#12     Feb 20, 2003
  3. tfmoney

tfmoney

Are you part of the psychic network or something you are reading my mind:D

#13     Feb 20, 2003
  4. Probably the psychic network, ROFL!!

#14     Feb 20, 2003
  5. probably the PSYCHO network.

:D

#15     Feb 20, 2003
  6. Well then that's an issue you need to work out with yourself. ET does not state anywhere that active posters are the best. It was YOU that made the mistake of making that assumption. The system is fine the way it is, IMO. After a while, it becomes obvious who is who.

F. P.

#16     Feb 20, 2003
  7. dammit fruity!

can't you see that it most certainly is NOT fine?

if Baron wants to mislead his readership, that's his problem.
    i trust he is astute and intelligent enough to realize that counting the posts in chit chat is just plain wrong.

#17     Feb 20, 2003
  8. I agree with Fruity on this one... Daniel is plain wrong...

#18     Feb 20, 2003
  9. There are many here at Elite who look/looked at the number of posts as a way of determining posting validity in issues. Not the importance or content of the points, just the number of posts. Based upon that factor, the ability to run your total up with a several dozen posts saying as little as ":)" or "That's right!" makes me wonder too.

I fought through this "number of posts" validity stuff in the beginning. Being a computer tech for over 15 years didn't matter. Having traded for over ten years didn't count for some either. It became (and is still for some) a thing of Elite posting volume rules, IMHO. :)

#19     Feb 20, 2003
  10. well fruity, inadvertantly, it DOES!

it calls a member with more than 500 posts to his name ELITE.

so someone new to these boards will look at a poster, see his ELITE title, and think 'hmm, elite member... " and probably think that person's opinion counts a little more.

but if that ELITE membership is determined by posts made in chitchat, then it's MISLEADING!

#20     Feb 20, 2003