Chit chat is not chit chat, and a proposal

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gunslinger, Jul 27, 2006.

1. nitro

nitro

Not at all. Just like we break out the rest of the trading forums out into more targeted descriptions, I believe that religion and politics are such a huge category that it deserves it's own section, while at the same time keeping it seperate for those that don't want to be getting their poltics and religion headlines from Chit Chat.

For the same reason that I want to be able to quickly find threads on psychology, or resources or wall street news etc, etc, it has it's own forum.

nitro

#21     Jul 28, 2006
  2. Is this a community lounge site or a trading site?

Doh!

Say Baron gave all of the complainers a choice:

1. No more CHIT CHAT.
    2. CHIT CHAT the way it is.

#22     Jul 28, 2006
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's correct. I don't mind spining off the politics/religion discussion into a separate forum, if for no other reason than to make it easier for a user to get to the content they are most interested in.

My only issue at this point is that adding more forums is going to make the forums index page even longer that it already is, so at some point I may have to elminate the latest threads beside each forum description and make the forum list simply that, a list of the available forums without any associated thread info.

#23     Jul 28, 2006
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's correct. I don't mind spinning off the politics/religion discussion into a separate forum, if for no other reason than to make it easier for a user to get to the content they are most interested in.

My only issue at this point is that adding more forums is going to make the forums index page even longer that it already is, so at some point I may have to elminate the latest threads beside each forum description and make the forum list layout completely different, which will likely be a simple list of the available forums without any associated thread info.

#24     Jul 28, 2006
  5. nitro

nitro

But you have a choice of clicking those channels and seeing or not seeing those headlines. If I want to discuss women in chitchat, I have no choice but have to see and read headlines I am not interested in. I gave the example of why I no longer watch the local news. Same reason here.

nitro

#25     Jul 28, 2006
  6. nitro

nitro

BTW,

I have the same software that Baron uses for this website. It would literally take two minutes to make a new category called Religion/Politics. So if it is not done it is not because it is hard to do.

nitro

#26     Jul 28, 2006
  7. nitro

nitro

Got it. That is a non-trivial issue.

nitro

#27     Jul 28, 2006
  8. Baron, I appreciate your response. My intenetion on starting this thread was not to take anything away from "zz haven" (as he seems threatened and is turning this thread into one of his ridic debates), but to propose the addition of another forum side by side.

People have already stated that dont bother with chit chat due to its content, so any non-rel/pol subjects will get viewed by the same old ETers, and will quickly move to the bottom of the list in favor of threads like " America and the struggle for the World".

From your response it does not sound like 1 more forum woulb be a prob, and would be enjoyed my MANY more than chit chat.

#28     Jul 28, 2006

9. If you have any ability whatsoever to actually comprehend what you read, you will understand that this thread is not a request to remove or stop your sanctuary that is chit/chat, but to start an additional forum so people such as myself are able to discuss thing that we have an interest in.

#29     Jul 28, 2006
  10. I understand the request, thanks.

I find it silly, but that is just my opinion.

#30     Jul 28, 2006