Chinook's EUR/USD (E/$)Mumblings

Discussion in 'Forex' started by chinook, Aug 16, 2004.

1. I completely missed your question--effects of too little sleep. I'm in Portland, OR. Not a good timezone for FX trading! What about you?

Chinook

#51     Aug 18, 2004
  2. krupkinm

krupkinm

I trade from NYC...so what hours do you keep...when do u sleep?

#52     Aug 18, 2004
  3. Chinook, you are very honest. That is refreshing. I cut some of my long EUR positions at an average of 123.08 and got right back in after the market bottomed and started to head back up again. That is the beauty of stops, I was comfortably reducing my position and was able to withstand the downdraft with relatively little damage. Onward and upward in the EUR from here IMO.

#53     Aug 18, 2004
  4. I get up at 5am. If the market makes a good move and then starts going sideways, I'll stop trading around 9-10 am. Otherwise, I'll continue until 11-noon. Then I take about 2-4 hours of nap. Usually, I don't trade during the Japanese open. If we're around swing levels , I'll put in small position around 5-530pm. Then it's gym time. If I have an open position or the market is near swing levels, I start trading again at 10-11pm until about 2am during Europe opening hours. Basically I sleep twice every day and this screws up my body clock. Anyway, my most active times are 5-11 am and 10pm-2am.

Chinook

#54     Aug 18, 2004
  5. trade-ya1,

If the Euro bottom would have fallen out, your average exit price would have been excellent. There was so much turbulence for a while--were you creating these :)

I think right now at 1.2330, the market's at its equilibrium. At least for the rest of the day, we should see some random walk.

Chinook

#55     Aug 18, 2004
  6. trade-ya1,

Is it my imagination or do you also think too oil is effecting Euro strongly last couple of days?

Chinook

#56     Aug 18, 2004
  7. krupkinm

krupkinm

Forex will destroy your body clock. I've worked all time zones out here, and there were days that I woke up and had no idea what day of the week it was , or whether it was AM or PM...its tough, well good luck.

#57     Aug 18, 2004
  8. Krupk.. that seems to be a choice you make by the timeframe you trade. And how much you feel you need to make.

I chose to just trade the european morning session and have found that 3 hours is long enough to make a reliable living from it. Occasionally I get the urge to do the US morning as well but not often. I use 3 min signals.

#58     Aug 18, 2004
  9. It's funny I feel the same way. Sometimes I think it's Friday but actually it's Tueday! Good luck to you too.

Chinook

#59     Aug 18, 2004
  10. I got into some good short trades during the last couple of days. But waiting/hoping for a downward slide, cost me good # of pips. Time to go to the gym and recharge batteries. Tomorrow morning, we should see some more action.

Chinook

#60     Aug 18, 2004