Chinese stealth fighter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Jan 5, 2011.

1. BEIJING – The first clear pictures of what appears to be a Chinese stealth fighter prototype have been published online, highlighting China's military buildup just days before U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates heads to Beijing to try to repair defense ties.

The photographs, published on several unofficial Chinese and foreign defense-related websites, appear to show a J-20 prototype making a high-speed taxi test—usually one of the last steps before an aircraft makes its first flight—according to experts on aviation and China's military.

The exact origin of the photographs is unclear, although they appear to have been taken by Chinese enthusiasts from the grounds of or around the Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute in western China, where the J-20 is in development. A few experts have suggested that the pictured aircraft is a mock-up, rather than a functioning prototype of a stealth fighter—so-called because it is designed to evade detection by radar and infrared sensors.

But many more experts say they believe the pictures and the aircraft are authentic, giving the strongest indication yet that Beijing is making faster-than-expected progress in developing a rival to the U.S. F-22—the world's only fully operational stealth fighter.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/05/chinese-military-buildup-apparent-ahead-gates-visit/#

2. Wait for the F-35. Now that is a jet.

3. The USA stealth fighter, the Russian stealth fighter and the Chinese stealth fighter they all look similar to great extent. How is this possible?

4. Well, the Americans stole it from the Russians, who stole it from the Chinese.

5. bkveen3

bkveen3

Bloomberg is reporting it may be a mock up and not a functional jet. It would be impressive if they produced one of these.

6. they should thank us. we paid for it.

7. China thinks long term,and they are planning for a showdown with The US and exacting revenge on Japan , Taiwan and South Korea

Right now The US beats China,but I have read numerous reports that they have a missile that can take out aircraft carriers,they will soon have stealth planes and a fleet of aircraft carriers and they are building land based pipelines to transfer oil from Russia to China by land so that they wont be crippled when the US Navy blocks their oil supplies by sea

Usually The US is one step ahead of the world in military technology,I hope they still are.I have read that The US has some really advanced weapons

8. Wallet

Wallet

Today's stealth technology was developed in Lockheed Martin's Skunkworks back in the mid 70's, The F-117's used in the original Gulf War air raids over Baghdad had been sitting in secret for years. They had been flying them since 1981. Operational since 83.

I had a chance to see an interview with one of the original retired developers of Skunkworks a few years ago, he had retired shortly after the F117's were finished, I wish I could recall his name. He said that even back then they were working on different types for propulsion and fuselage shapes. He also said that the perfect shape for stealth would be a flying orb.

Flying saucers anyone?

Close to 40 years they have been upgrading, there's no telling what our Airforce has at it's disposal?

9. Cool.:) The thing about America is they keep their shit secret,even as VP Truman didn't know about the atom bomb:eek:

I always thought Flying saucers were US aircraft,ready to be unleashed when needed :D

10. #10     Jan 5, 2011