Chinese official urges buying of gold, U.S. real estate

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jun 25, 2009.

1. LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- A top Communist Party research chief said Thursday that China should buy gold and U.S. real estate rather than Treasurys, according to a Reuters report.

Li Lianzhong, who is head of economics at the party's policy research office, said the U.S. dollar is poised for a fall, making gold and land better investments for China's $1.95 trillion in foreign exchange reserves, the report said.

It quoted Li as saying Beijing should also focus on buying up energy and natural resources.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinese-official-urges-buying-of-gold-us-land

2. Yes
    No :cool:

3. 1) Yes
    2) No and Yes.

:)

4. China could buy half the worlds Gold with with 2 trillion dollars. I smell the beginnings of a gold bubble! Last one to the party is a rotten egg!!! Or i should say, last one to the party loses their life savings!

5. pspr

pspr

Li Lianzhong, boy have I got a deal for you. Give me a call! OK?

6. World War-3! :eek:

7. Riiiight.

8. Japan made the mistake of buying US real estate, before, and got their clocks cleaned on it

9. US real estate won't go anywhere (it'll still be here tomorrow). world resources on the other hand are being depleted daily & new sources are few.

Not exactly the same.

10. Inflation adjusted the CRB today is at the same level as it was 40 years ago.

How can that be when recourses are supposed to be indeed depleting more and more each day.

#10     Jun 25, 2009