Chinese missile could sink US supercarriers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ahahahah... you didn't listen in school ^^ to bring you uptodate...

You are speaking about the Empire Of the Dragon... ^^

It's me who put the Bold... ^^

I couldn't thing that Mao had said that : . In the United States there are others who are really strong -- the American people.

I would like to quote :

"I most sincerely wish that the world in which we live be free from the threat of a nuclear holocaust and from the ruinous arms race. It is my cherished desire that peace be not separated from freedom which is the right of every nation. This I desire and for this I pray. "
    Lech Walesa

"It is the earnest hope of our people that the world may see the day when all nuclear weapons are abolished. "
    Eisaku Sato

me 2... and GMO ! BAN NUKE : BAN GMO...

:cool:

#11     Aug 6, 2010
  2. #12     Aug 6, 2010
  3. Rubbish. i googled and it means East Wind

#13     Aug 6, 2010
  4. you probably stumbled upon the Mandarin interpretation, my translation was from the Cantonese.

#14     Aug 6, 2010
  5. No not media hype. This very real.

#15     Aug 6, 2010
  6. This is a common misconception. USA tried this prior to WW2 and were subsequently attacked.

#16     Aug 6, 2010
  7. GTG

GTG

There is a little hype. Undoubtedly, ballistic missiles will eventually make all surface ships obsolete. The US Navy is vulnerable to any type of swarm attack by low-value attackers. (The US Navy's own wargames had the fleet getting annihilated in a simulated attack by swarms of speed boats and cessnas in the Persian Gulf a few years back I think.), If the low value attackers are ballistic missiles flying at mach 10, the problem is especially bad, because any ballistic missile defenses that will ever get developed and deployed on a ship, will probably be able to be overwhelmed by simply firing too many for the ship to target and shoot down at once.

The hype comes in though when these articles always seem to imply that this the Dong Feng is an immediate threat. These most likely are still not accurate enough to actually be a threat, and the Chinese are most likely at least 5 years to a decade away before they will actually be able to locate and hit our ships from thousands of miles away with these things. Furthermore, the radar and satellite infrastructure that they will need to use to locate the carriers and guide the missiles to target is extremely vulnerable.

#17     Aug 6, 2010
  8. rew

rew

Don't forget that China has nukes too. Do you think we could nuke them without them nuking us back? Don't bet on it.

#18     Aug 7, 2010
  9. rew

rew

America was attacked by Japan because America had joined with the European powers in an oil embargo against Japan (an economic death sentence for Japan). This embargo was not without cause -- Japan was engaged in a brutal occupation of China, which the Western powers opposed. But by meddling in a distant dispute we brought war upon ourselves. The upper level American officials knew that their embargo could escalate into a full scale war, so while they may not have known the time or place of the Japanese counterattack it really did not come as the surprise the propagandists would have you believe it to be.

#19     Aug 7, 2010
  10. Hey Tsing Tao: Could you translate the name of that missile from Mandarin, and Cantonese? Do it as if under oath.

#20     Aug 7, 2010