Chinese Government On Mission To Cool Stock Market

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 21, 2007.

1. You read my mind Austin.

Don't expect those chinese retail investros to be like US traders. Many of them would go sit in front of a computer in a "Brokerage", mind you with out a system, more of them sitting in front of electroinc quote broads, then would quene in front of a counter. They are in their 50s, retirees/housewifes, those people grow up in the worst possible time (cultural revolution between the late 60s to late 70s), properly the most uneduated group of chinese since WWII and you think they will foucs on risk management?

Worst, the Shanghi market is only around 20 years old, the market just didn't have enough collapse to make those retails to respect the risk.

TVB (TV Channel) in Hong Kong went to a brokerage in Shanghi on 2/28 to interview retail investers, and I remember one answered "it can't go straight up to 4000", that was after a 8.84% drop in SSEC, positive thinking, huh?

#11     Mar 21, 2007
  2. SSEC already made a new high above the Feb peak.

#12     Mar 21, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

you talk as if you do?
    I don't.
    I bet 0.1% of the traders do.
    99% of the traders don't even know the earnings date, let alone reading an annual report.

#13     Mar 21, 2007
  4. blast19

blast19

Agreed. I question the "Chinese Century" pitch because of things like this...total disregard for reality among the public and officials trying to dampen the situation which just gets more out of control.

It will take more and more hardline legislation to calm people down probably.

Soon they really will be acting more like communists and restricting people from buying things on the street for fear that they may be making speculative buying on the future flow of toilet paper or pencils.

#14     Mar 21, 2007
  5. I did but I don't do stocks anymore..

Don't expect them to be as professional as traders in the US, check my other post on this tread

#15     Mar 21, 2007
  6. achilles28

achilles28

I dont trade the Chinese market nor pay much attention to it -- save when its in the papers.

Most investors will tell you 150% appreciation in 12 months equates to rampant speculation. Meaning unsustainable.

All the best.

#16     Mar 21, 2007