Chinese citizens have 38% savings rate, this is amazing. US citizen saving rate is -1

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RoninW, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Happiness Meter???

Or Quality of Life meter?

Pollution meter?

Health meter?

I'm not saying Americans will win them all, but saving money is only a a partial picture. It assumes that life is good.....LOL. and maybe it is. and maybe it is not.

I have the formula on the perfect life, but it will cost you 100,000.

hope you have savings!!!

#31     Sep 21, 2012
  2. Or pay nothing and listen to the buddha:

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

#32     Sep 21, 2012
    #33     Sep 21, 2012
  4. 100% of them never survive.

:D :D :D

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/94HTIueOuDQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#34     Sep 21, 2012
    #35     Sep 21, 2012
  6. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CjWYbcbpiWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#36     Sep 21, 2012
  7. Easier said than done.....easier said than done.

But I think you are correct. or the Buddha is.

#37     Sep 21, 2012

8. then the first comment on youtube:

1: The car is Australian, not Chinese
    2: The vehicle was loaded with 375 Kg /827 lb of sand
    3: The vehicle impacted the wall at 100Km/H / 62M/H
    4: The wall was solid, not honeycomb as in every other crash test
    5: The crash was&#65279; to test the a new facility, and has since never been repeated

#38     Sep 21, 2012
  9. No wonder i have never come across an AUSSIE car before.

#39     Sep 21, 2012

10. Ok, lets think this through. Chinese are saving at 38% and americans are saving at -1%.

Now...what are the chinese saving their money in? Oh thats right...american treasury bonds.

They are giving us their money so we can buy their stuff that we dont have the money to pay for. Does anyone else see this as ending bad for the chinese savers?

Think of it this way. If you were selling your house and some guy who is in debt to his eyeballs comes along and says, "Yeah, I want to buy your house, but I need you to loan me the money so that I can buy your house" Would you do it? Because thats exactly what the chinese are doing. They are loaning us money to buy their stuff. Makes no sense. Its the greatest con a country has ever pulled on another country.

#40     Sep 21, 2012