Chinese Businesswoman Sentenced to Death

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Dec 21, 2009.

1. You are right....

The Chinese acts similarly to the SEC....

They prosecute a few small fry in public....to justify/smoke over THEIR position....

#11     Dec 21, 2009
  2. ipatent

ipatent

I posted a thread months ago about the death penalty for large financial fines. I think it is good policy. We put people in jail for decades in this country for robbing liquor stores, but white collar criminals generally get off easily.

Someone who cheats thousands of people out of their life savings has done more harm than a cop killer, IMO.

#12     Dec 21, 2009
  3. copa8

copa8

maybe only relevant in post communist china?

#13     Dec 21, 2009
  4. Yes I know the created gun powder and such.

Seriously a trader I know that spends alot of time time in China says that he has had his intellectual property stolen off his computer every time from a locked hotel room in a 4 star hotel with encryption. Now he puts bad info on it just to mess with them.

My other buddy that has a Thai wife jokes that they only burn the shitty software for the news and 10 minutes later MS Office 2007 is for sale for 10 USD.

#14     Dec 21, 2009
  5. Logic

Logic

China's idea of justice is more harsh than the West's, and its single party system allows it to move faster (toward both ruin and propsperity) than a republic system.

However, I'd be hesitant (at this time) to say that China is better-run than the West's.

China's currently got a problem with corruption and local officials not listening to the central government. Insofar as stability and efficiency goes, the western democratic systems are still ahead.

That might change in 20 years or so, but not right now.

#15     Dec 21, 2009
  6. The main reason we don't have this kind of justice here , is that the lawmakers don't feel like hanging themselves and their buddies.

That and all the whimpy men.
    [​IMG]

#16     Dec 21, 2009
  7. indexer

indexer

I wonder how many of these people they actually kill.

#17     Dec 21, 2009
  8. You really think it would stop people from conning others out of money? Didnt stop that Business-woman in China now, did it?

#18     Dec 21, 2009
  9. #19     Dec 21, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, but it will undeniably stop her from ever doing it again.

#20     Dec 21, 2009