Chinese ADRs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PennyTrader, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Do you have a system you would care to share , expecially concerning trading FXI.
    I am buying rapidly and looking to unload this week.

#41     Jan 1, 2008
  2. I looked at ASTI early. This one is indecisive. TA indicators point to the downside/sell, but the sell candlestick has not formed. Might wait for tomorrow to see its candle formation.

ASTI chart is attached...

#42     Jan 1, 2008
  3. Yes, I do. On my chart, lower low/lower high paint red candle, higher high/high low paint sky blue. Indecision paint Yellow candle. If a Yellow candle is formed on top or bottom, usually indicates a sell or buy next. I use market profile for support/resistence.

I use mutiple timeframes to confirm trend, most time, use tick/volume charts to confirm minutes charts when the ticks/volumes are low on a stock.

FXI - looking for $165 support, 175 resistence. Chart follows...

• fxi.png
      File size:
      23.1 KB
      Views:
    #43     Jan 1, 2008
  4. thanks alot.
    I appreciation your charts.
    the Shadow

#44     Jan 1, 2008
  5. ET70424

ET70424

#45     Jan 2, 2008
  6. gobar

gobar

nice info on china's ADr...

#46     Jan 2, 2008
  7. eddie--d

eddie--d

With the big upmove on close, IMO, rally is right. Point and figure charts are one of the items in my arsenal. CSUN reverses up at 18 and should easily make 19, a double top. It should extend one box beyond that (19.5).

We had discussed $14. I now don't think that's going to happen. Once again on P&F chart, a high pole formation (negative pointing to downside) would be shown at $14.5 and I just don't see that as happening. Healthy consolidations - yes, but no negative formations for a while, barring some major geo-political-economic problem. The long term P&F trendline is only at 10.5 and it will be a looong time 'til it catches up with the price and who knows, by then it could be $30! Wait out the short sell signals and take the longs. I like this P&F stuff for several reasons. One is that it filters out market noise to maintain proper focus and keep me from going the wrong way on a one way street.

I'll be in for 500 @ $18 and look to buy more on an intraday drop to $17.5 or so. If no drop, at least I'm in. First in a series of stops for me would be $17 and higher as the day progresses. go CSUN

#47     Jan 2, 2008
  8. eddie--d

eddie--d

Penny,
    Remember on the thread on Monday, I mentioned SOLF as a short? Well, I got a huge blessing this morning. I went to short them and the message came right back that no shares available to short. That short signal was a total dud and later on in the day, my 15 min. gave a buy. Took it and skimmed off $.35 never realizing it would run as hard as it did.

Speaking of shares unavailable to short, in 4 months I have never once been able to short FXI. Occasionlly, I can't short TSL, how frustrating. I went part way down your watch list entering short orders today and found two more unshortable, LDK and PGJ. Anyone have shorting problems with Chinese ADR's?:)

#48     Jan 3, 2008
  9. Certainly, many of these ADRs are not shortable because some big boys reserved the shares.

However, a broker allows you to short most of these- the broker is Schwab.com. Often, you have to commit $100K block size to borrow the shares.

Added:

I just tested FXI - I cannot go short on FXI at my other brokers, but I can do it with my friend's account at Schwab.

Sell Short 200 Limit 170 Day Only 2:11 pm 01/03/2008

Sell Short 300 Limit 170 Day Only 2:18 pm 01/03/2008

I almost wanted to go short on JASO yesterday, glad I didn't. I did go short on FRPT, it squeezed me to $5.50, I played too bold, should have played small size and wait patiently, I didn't have a good sart on the 1st day of 2008 due to FRPT. Well, today FRPT tanked down below $5.

Been playing CSUN and LDK today, plus bought a $1 solar stock BSRC as a swing trade.

#49     Jan 3, 2008
  10. eddie--d

eddie--d

What's you guys' take on BIDU for tomorrow? Hope it's up. I kept 100 long on the overnight.

#50     Jan 3, 2008