Chinese ADRs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PennyTrader, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Bighead255.

Thank you so much. We need it.

I hope you had a great 07 and wish you have an even better 08.

The late half of 2007 has not been easy for me.

Probable you knew as you read my old thread, back in May, my father-in-law had a lung cancer. We went back to China in June and spent the whole month with him. After we came back, life has not been the same. We worried about him too much. I didn't make posts over my blog after I came back.

My wife went back to China again on Oct 1, she was regret and sorry this time because she was only hours away from seeing him alive. They didn't tell her Dad she's coming back to see him. He died while she was flying on the airplane to China. I couldn't go with her because of kids in school.

For some reason, his impacts on our family is so much, our emotion and spirit have been down for most of the half 2007. Of course, affected a trader the most.

My wife just couldn't get over with it. After all, she is her Dad's most favorite kid. Her Dad and I had a lot common things to talk, we talked day and night when I was in China (and I knew it would be my last time to see him).

His death and the difficult with the family has affected my trading signficantly in the past several months, I've been dead slient. With the limited capital as you know and the new expenses, Sometimes, I feel like make $500/ day is not enough to fill the huge gap created in the past months.

I had a great time before the summer 2007, I would say the last several months of 2007 were terrible. Not I lost money in trading, I was so afraid to trade, my mind was way off the stocks. I did great in Sept in trading Chinese stocks like CPSL/CHNR/JASO etc, I didn't make many trades in Oct, Nov and Dec. Most often, I just watch my lists and look at the charts all day and do nothing. Added to these, some very strange things happened to our house too.

I just feel like I need to wait out and get over 2007, start all over again in 2008.

So wish good luck to us in 2008 and may God bless all!

#21     Jan 1, 2008
  2. Edd,

Welcome to the thread, feel free to post your thoughts. I am making my goals for 2008 and plan to do the same in 2008 - trade these Chinese stocks as possibe as I could.

With over 200 of them on the watchlist, at least some will make a pop in any given day. One prorblem I had with these Chinese stocks was when they go, they gap up or pop up very fast, you need to position yourself first before they move, sometimes it can take weeks.

Are you trading as "Trader Status" and file tax as "M2M"? If not, you might want to consider to do it in April tax filing. With Trader Status and M2M, you don't need to worry about Wash sale, trading at your wish.

I will take a look at the charts on some of these stocks you mentioned.

#22     Jan 1, 2008
  3. On CSUN, yes, the bias is toward down side, more consolidation coming - 62% fib retracement is right around $14. $13.85 is a major Point of Change. On 60 minutes chart, expect that major MA line moves up to that area next week as a support.

$15 is 50% retracement - another critical level to watch.

[​IMG]

#23     Jan 1, 2008
  4. TSL - yes, it is heading to $52s area. SOLF - I don't have a good daily chart, my data feed on SOLF has a bad tick on Monday's low.

TSL 50 ticks chart - won't hold the middle of Bollinger, heading to $52.50 or the lower Bollinger:

[​IMG]

SOLF:

SOLF 200 tick chart:

[​IMG]

Daily chart have a bad tick, moves away from top of the Bollinger:

[​IMG]

#24     Jan 1, 2008
  5. mobilni

mobilni

in 2008. and thank you for this post.:)

#25     Jan 1, 2008
  6. I will look at the charts on some stocks tonight and post them.

Chart watch: CHBT, $14.20

This stock has been trading around this level for almost two weeks, it is in consolidation but has no price drop. On the one hand, I thought it has $14.20 resistence, on the other hand, I see it could make a nice breakout on the next volume surge and going to trade in a new range.

#26     Jan 1, 2008
  7. Chart watch FMCN - short play. FMCN is bearish, appears head a few dollars lower.

#27     Jan 1, 2008
  8. LDK - watch for a re-test of the bottom $44( purple line) and bounce:

• ldk.png
      File size:
      21.7 KB
      Views:
    #28     Jan 1, 2008
  9. JASO appears a much better short, shall see a few dollars drop to the middle of the Bollinger.

#29     Jan 1, 2008
  10. ACH is trading right at 200 day MA, a very critital support around $50, TA indicators doesn't look too bullish on daily chart, it might break down $50 and heads a few dollars lower.

• ach.png
      File size:
      25.8 KB
      Views:
    #30     Jan 1, 2008