China's robot revolution has foreign firms on edge

Discussion in 'Economics' started by OddTrader, Aug 24, 2017.

1. JSOP

JSOP

That's only gonna keep a handful of ppl employed. The majority would still be unemployed because all the robots would be built by robots.

#11     Aug 25, 2017
  2. That's true.

I've got exactly the same logical thought immediately after posting my last reply. Anyhow, awaiting to see any feedback till now!

My second thought after my last post was perhaps there will be more and more artists by individuals.

That means the market demand or human demand in the future would be: people don't like much about robotic products/services performed by robots. Anything that can be mass produced.

People would become much more sophisticated in lifestyle and preferred personalised tastes. Like painting, music, poets, stylish dishes, etc. That any robots cannot do well at all.

Therefore, cooks could be a good profession. imo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12     Aug 25, 2017
  3. O(1)

O(1)

Robot Chef

#13     Aug 25, 2017
  4. The main points are:

1st, designing/producing/operating a robot to offer the services below-mentioned would be more expensive than employing real human. Possibly.

2nd, a real human chef can change menu almost every week differently, that a robot can't. To program a robot changing menu weekly could be also uneconomical.

3rd, fresh supply of food ingredients like seafood, fishes, vegetables, etc could be different every day. Especially, the Chinese cooks often use a whole live-swimming fish as ingredient. LOL

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    #14     Aug 25, 2017
  5. While people can enjoy some online operas at home, however they still prefer going to live opera concerts for the live experience, acoustic quality, and atmosphere. Drinks, meals, gathering, etc. as well.

#15     Aug 25, 2017
  6. O(1)

O(1)

Yesss. Personally, I'd also rather have real people

#16     Aug 25, 2017
  7. henry76

henry76

Unemployment caused by technology hasn't happened in the last 200 years, uk has low unemployment , birth place of industrial revolution and twats like the Ludites .

#17     Aug 26, 2017
  8. Very good point!

Now let's pray! :)

#18     Aug 26, 2017
  9. JSOP

JSOP

Robots would be hired to do all the routine tasks like cutting, chopping, washing, peeling, boiling, cleaning usually done by those sous-chefs while the chief chef, maybe just ONE will be doing the designing of the dish/menu and maybe one or two of the most intricate step in the cooking process.

Nice dishes, btw

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    #19     Aug 28, 2017
  10. Humpy

Humpy

Which begs the question. How many bots does it take to cook a meal ?

#20     Aug 29, 2017
    OddTrader likes this.