China's disappearing ships: The latest headache for the global supply chain

Discussion in 'Economics' started by themickey, Nov 24, 2021.

1. d08

d08

You notice this logic often in Asia. You must give everything to me but if I have to give something back, what?! how dare you?

#51     Nov 26, 2021
  2. VicBee

VicBee

You're so far off reality it's shocking. The greatest beneficiaries of Chinese education and scientific research other than China is the United States. Look at the names of the scientists in all advanced technical fields in the last 20 years of US innovations and you will invariably find Chinese and Indian names. In fact, America's enormous success since the end of WW2 is due to the brain drain of thousands upon thousands of foreign educated scientists attracted to the American dream and the outsized endowments to research available.

This is not to deny that China is stealing what it can when it can. Industrial espionage is as old as the world. I don't need to know where you're from to affirm that your country is also a perpetrator of such activities. Every so often a story comes out of one country or another caught red handed in some industrial espionage against friends or foes.

I stand corrected. China is Europe's 3rd export market after the US and the UK now that the UK is out (China is its largest export market after the US and 4 European nations).

#52     Nov 26, 2021
    thecoder likes this.
  3. VicBee

VicBee

lol..the US sets the freaking rates! It manipulates the market by default!

#53     Nov 26, 2021
  4. JSOP

JSOP

And if you do, then you shouldn't be thanked for it even though I got more than you and even lot more than you but as long as you got something back, then it's a mutual thing and we are even and you shouldn't be thanked. LOL

I dunno if it's an Asian thing or just a Chinese or a mainland Chinese thing specifically or just CCP thing against western nations or it's just the f***ed up logic with the Chinese trolls on here. I am not sure if Japanese or Koreans or Thai or Vietnamese all think the same way that
    you should only be thanked or appreciated if you did a complete favour to me that you didn't get anything back or benefitted anything from it and even had to give up something for doing this favour. Then and only then you deserve a "thank you" or some appreciation or acknowledgement. Notice in that speech for celebrating the 100-year anniversary of CCP, the CCP didn't thank its own people for their hard work for building the nation's economy either. Because the Chinese people got something back; they got to live, eat, sleep and wake up in one piece and that should be enough to compensate for their hard work. LOL

#54     Nov 26, 2021
    d08 likes this.
  5. thecoder

thecoder

The US steals even from its close allies! For example Wind energy technology of Germany.
    There was big news some/many years ago about this...

The US also spies even close allies, like Germany, even the German chancellor:
    they found US (CIA/NSA) backdoor inside Merkel's phone...
    With friends like these who needs enemies?... :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    #55     Nov 26, 2021
  6. JSOP

JSOP

That was NONE OF China or CCP's doing!! It's not like China or the CCP somehow "gave" these talents to the United States. LOL First of all these people are their own person and are not properties of China or the CCP's and are certainly not of China or CCP's to give. These scientists and innovators went to the United States or other western nations out of their own free will and chose to stay in the United States and in the west and that's not the fault of the United States or the west. United States and the West didn't somehow "take" or "steal" these scientists or innovators. If there is anything it's because China or the CCP provided such a harsh and oppressive environment that pushed them to leave China and United States and the West is doing the world a favour saving these talents and giving them a sanctuary. You want United States and the West to use this rhetoric instead?

And at the same time, many Americans and westerners and Chinese students who studied abroad also left the West for China. United States and the West spent all those resources, financial and human resources teaching these students, Chinese or native, cultivating their talent and yet they left for China to live and work in China to contribute to China so are we to say United States and the West gifted these people to China? So that's one more thing that China owes United States and the West then and need to thank the United States and the West for then? LOL

That statement does not excuse China from doing what it did. What is wrong is wrong. Stealing is wrong regardless how many people do it. Even if every single person on earth is stealing, it doesn't all of a sudden make it correct. If everybody is jumping off a bridge, are you going to jump off a bridge too?

China exported TWICE of what it imported from EU and QUADRUPLED of what it imported from United States. That's all you need to remember. The West is not looking for a "thank you" (although one would be nice) but at least the CCP shouldn't be going around acting like it achieved everything on its own. Attitude is everything.

https://tradingeconomics.com/china/exports-by-country

https://tradingeconomics.com/china/imports-by-country

https://tradingeconomics.com/european-union/imports-by-country

https://tradingeconomics.com/european-union/exports-by-country

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    #56     Nov 26, 2021
    Overnight likes this.
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Well why doesn't China let the yuan get freely traded then if you don't like the rates that the United States "manipulates"? Why refuse to let the yuan get traded and instead set it to be pegged to the US dollar and the Euro? Why peg to these "manipulated" rates? LOL

#57     Nov 26, 2021
  8. Overnight

Overnight

You seem right crass and agitated about China. And as well you should be.

Just calm down a bit. Have some Top Gear. :)

#58     Nov 26, 2021
  9. JSOP

JSOP

I am just floored by what these Chinese trolls have written. Aren't you? Not giving credits when credits are due and taking credits when not deserving? If what these Chinese trolls are spewing out is truly the logic that China and the CCP operate on, then no wonder China is at odds with the West and doing what it's doing against the West because it has no idea of what it has done and has not done and in essence has no idea of itself.

#59     Nov 26, 2021
  10. JSOP

JSOP

And that's why China can do it too? LOL

#60     Nov 27, 2021