China’s economic espionage has reached an intolerable level

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trader#21, Oct 5, 2011.

1. “I don’t believe that there is a precedent in history for such a massive and sustained intelligence effort by a government to blatantly steal commercial data and intellectual property.” Rogers said. “China’s economic espionage has reached an intolerable level and I believe that the United States and our allies in Europe and Asia have an obligation to confront Beijing and demand that they put a stop to this piracy.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...air-blasts-china-on-cyber-economic-espionage/

2. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

He got it all wrong. China is not on the top. Russia and France take the top spots on economic espionage.

http://www.france24.com/en/20110104...pionage-economy-germany-russia-china-business

France is top industrial espionage offender

3. Maybe he was talking with respect to his domain only, cyber crimes. I'm surprised to see France. In any case, why is this not discussed in mainstream media. All they can target is individuals sharing music/movies.

4. Humpy

Humpy

Is this going to be part of the Western excuse to block out China with import taxes etc. ?
    For decades the West has let countries like Argentina founder. Oh no the IMF has said you can't protect your old out of date industries but now when the heat is on Europe/USA this freetrade liberalism is conveniently forgotten.

The hypocrits

Salaries of public workers and especially fatcats should be cut by the percentage necessary to compete.

In the past salaries went up in the good times and now they should go sharply down, except for the lowest paid, in the bad times.

FTSE bosses have been getting regular 30% pay rises per year for years. Have to keep up with US bosses salaries they explain or we leave !!

Yeah right - goodbye

5. China is the only 'brother' of Pakistani muzzies. Such a hypocrite.