China watch list

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by thehangingman, Dec 29, 2006.

1. I dont doubt that AOB might a great company.

Im wondering if the China trade might now be over. I am seeing big declines in the stocks that we had known and loved before. . .Maybe this might be a pullback like last May and thus make a good buying opportunity or maybe the buzzer has sounded and the China trade is over.

What are your thoughts?

#31     Jan 10, 2007
  2. hangingman I've been in the same dilemma myself. China Life sputtered when it co listed ( although I here it will quickly go back up) Several China plays have pulled in> oil & gas plays over there obviously have come in hard... It's hard to paint a pretty picture for China when the emerging markets are crashing... or is it? Is China no longer " emerging "and will the fast money actually go TO China from here? It's a most interesting time for sure... my overall thesis remains it's a " sell the olympics " story meaning you keep playing selected china until the hype of the Olympics drives new money in and me and you out!
    * Will note possible reentry today for me into TSTC they have just been granted the Olympic contract from China Telecom and should be up more today & AOB is hitting an all time high. I hold CHINA ( yes the best symbol!)& China Life and am eyeing hotel play HMIN on the pull back.....

#32     Jan 10, 2007
  3. I do have some answers. Im not sure if they are the right answers YET.

The international markets are either tanking or correcting.

If those markets and the stocks (like LFC, etc) are correcting, then they will probably consolidate at one of the moving averages.

So Im going to concentrate on charting those specific stocks and markets and look for the consolidation point. They do have a ways to go before they make a moving average point.

#33     Jan 10, 2007
  4. hangingman I'm voting with my manpurse here and just took a 450 share stake in ACH. This is one of the
    "realer "China plays I believe. If it trades well I'll start piling in. If it backs off it's right into support at $19 1/2. This is a win win set up folks! S&P did a one day reversal here reiterating a sell and then the next day going all the way to buy on valuation. S&P has a low PT just $2 above but we all know China plays outperform both ways.....

Aluminum Corp. of China (ACH):
    New York Stock Exchange-listed ACH, the world’s second largest aluminum company... Recently a five-wave advance occurred from the October lows near 15 ½, taking it up and breaking it out near the 24 zone. Last two days have backed us off $2 I'm in @ $22.15. Obviously, March-April resistance up near the 28 zone will be the resistance zone and our first target, but beyond that we’re looking for something in the low 30s, and then perhaps in the 38-40 range longer-term. Support is around the 21 ½-22 zone, and beneath that around the 19 ½-20 area.

#34     Jan 10, 2007
  5. bttweb

bttweb

My 4 pt indicator shows ACH not a good buy for now... i wd wait before it goes up above its 12d ema..

#35     Jan 10, 2007
  6. bttweb

bttweb

CHINA is on a 'pause' right now and hopefully make moves in the next few days.. LONG at 9.65

BIDU made a move today after pausing a few days.. LONG at 125.6

LFC recvd a lot of beatings lately.. dont know when it will recover

#36     Jan 10, 2007
  7. bttweb I don't know if you've run all the numbers on CHINA out to 2009 but it's kind of scary. Plus I believe they want to spin off the games division. KaChing!

#37     Jan 10, 2007
  8. bttweb

bttweb

i dont look that far out.. and I dont estimate on future
    prices.. I look at the past earnings growth and next 2 qtrs..
    and make my move based on current price trend.. i make
    profits in a 2-3 days move..

#38     Jan 10, 2007
  9. jllm03

jllm03

About LFC.. I am waiting for it to get around $40 then load up with some LEAPS. This stock will go back up and a lot.
    Here is some data that I found on Stockconsultant.com's site.

LFC CURRENT PRICE 46.5, just below support, 48.65 ± 1.17, type single, strength 8

RESISTANCE ABOVE +4.6% at 48.65 ± 1.17, type single, strength 8
    +12.4% at 52.26 ± 1.25, type single, strength 8

SUPPORT BELOW -20.4% at 37.01 ± 0.89, type double, strength 7

Interesting site for stock data...

#39     Jan 10, 2007
  10. keep an eye on LFC tommorrow. There is an interesting candlestick on the chart where I think it might be an island turnaround. I have been wrong on this before...It will be good to watch.

#40     Jan 10, 2007