China violates human rights and of course the US ignores it...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 6, 2007.

1. As expected you've failed to come up with a single example of a principled country but you bash the US for human rights violations in China and for the unwillingness of the world community and your beloved UN to deal with these violations. Why am I not surprised?

Your self-righteous rants and holier than thou attitude is an embarrassment to the causes you claim to represent.

#21     May 7, 2007
  2. As an American, I am highly qualified to criticize what is supposed to be a vastly "Christian" nation, but does not follow the path of Jesus Christ. I am not aware that China is a Christian nation, and their lack of concern for human rights is not surprising in any way...but this country preaches constantly that we are better than other countries on a moral platform, but it is just a facade to make money and have economic control.

That we ignore human rights issues on the basis of how it impacts our economic bottom line shows that we are not a Christian nation at all, we are a materialistic capitalistic fraudulent morally unprincipled nation.

I understand this doesn't bother you personally, maybe you are of a belief system that puts human rights below economic expansionism and ignoring human rights issues, and are likely driven by greed beyond self preservation to extreme limits, but it bothers some people, so they speak out.

That you call me self righteous, speaks to the heart of the matter, as what I am saying is true, and it is not my righteousness, but the false righteousness of Judeo Christian Americans who sell their soul for the economic bottom line.

Those who have a heart would feel guilty...those who don't simply ignore the issue at hand, namely abusive treatment of the primarily Buddhist nation, Tibet.

Perhaps if this was happening to Israeli Jews, or Christians...Americans would care.

#22     May 7, 2007
    #23     May 7, 2007
  4. Cesko

Cesko

I would like the US to act in a principled manner beyond economic self interest,

Are you really so naive? Are you still in a care of mom and dad? Have you ever lived on your own? Have you ever supported yourself? Because if you have you couldn't believe for a second that America wouldn't be abused left and right, at the same time, all the foreigners who like to bitch about the U.S. now would be laughing their asses off at American stupidity.

If possible I would truly like to know your past it would be really interesting to figure out where opinion like that comes from.
    I think this is most naive statement I have ever read on this site.

#24     May 8, 2007
  5. And then, a few posts later

As the ET member who has handed ZZZ his head on a platter more times than anyone except maybe RM, I can tell you what this means. When Z gets cornered by his own traps, when he gets called out for his bullshit and he can't assert his way out, one of two things start to happen

1. He starts posting pictures of pink bunnies sniffing their fingers or

2. He starts cutting and pasting the same reply over and over again.

Let's go to the Disgusting Troll Translator for a translation.

(click.... whirr)

Z: I'm caught in an unsupportable assertion, an outright lie or more likely, a piece of mind-boggling hypocrisy. I'm feeling threatened and I want to change the subject.

Disgusting Troll, Thrice Banned Liar, Evader of Adult Responsibilities, Alcoholic Relapser, thank you. You have singlehandedly changed my politics by showing me the absolute worst of the extreme Left. You are universally reviled by those on both the right and left, for many things but mainly for your stunning hypocrisy on this site.

By the way, can you tell us why you were banned at least twice?

#25     May 8, 2007
  6. all ya kapitalist pigs will have to answer to allah come judgment day.

#26     May 8, 2007
  7. A perfect example of all or nothing thinking of a libtard.....

#27     May 8, 2007
  8. I am afraid you're not alone. I keep wondering how many people he (and his ilk) turned off from voting democratic by his absurd views and dishonest, hypocritical, meaningless, self-righteous rants. If he was Rove plant he could hardly have discredited the modern left more than he has and could hardly have done more damage to the causes he claims to promote.

#28     May 8, 2007
  9. fhl

fhl

You have little understanding of the function of leadership from a christian perspective, although you apparently feel that you have it all figured out.

Christians are indeed supposed to be selfless and look out for the other guy.
    Christian leaders are to look out for the people they lead as well as offer assistance to others (countries, etc.)

Making sure that the people you lead have a vibrant economy so they can pay their bills, etc. is not a selfish act, it is the function of a leader to look out for the people they are leading. The function of a leader is NOT to sacrifice his people, it is to help them. (and don't give me any crap about sacrificing the military men and women. that is their job)

This misunderstanding of the role of christian leadership is pervasive on the left. Always wanting to sacrifice someone else.

#29     May 8, 2007
  10. So you are saying that the major American Christian leaders are walking the path of Jesus Christ? They are living as Christ lived?

You must be reading one of the Capitalist Testaments...

#30     May 8, 2007