China Trade War =Pullback Trigger?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cdntrader, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Fascinating. Then why don't they do it?

#41     Sep 15, 2009
  2. I think if that occurs, the US will suddenly just start to repatriate much of it's production back to the US. Then we'll all be buying American, like we did in the "old days". I, for one, would welcome it.

#42     Sep 15, 2009
  3. China is like a python slowly killing its host (THE US)

China is even working on building its own jets to compete against BA and Airbus.

They have a 1000 year plan to become the #1 superpower.

Americans are too stupid to see this while they shop at walmart.

#43     Sep 15, 2009
  4. The pain will hurt but if we become a self-sufficient country like in the past I welcome the sacrifice.

Hitler believed in the "Total war" theory, that to be able to survive a war a nation has to be 100% self sufficient in the event of a world war.

#44     Sep 15, 2009
  5. Did you not link to that very article that claims 375 million people speak English as their first language?How does that compare to Chinese or Spanish?

How much more ignorant can one be?

#45     Sep 15, 2009
  6. because it hurts them. I said it would not hurt them as much as it would make it unaffordable for many Westerners to afford their current lifestyles. Time for you to auction off your trading computer so you can afford your new cell phone to come.

#46     Sep 15, 2009
  7. yes, SUDDENLY, right.

#47     Sep 15, 2009
  8. Or we'll just simply buy less cell phones. I couldn't think of a better time for a shock of price increase from our Chinese brethren. Consumers in the US are already retrenching, and that would just seal the deal.

Of course, China would have to go out and find another export partner to suck up all the excess crap. Best of luck on that front.

#48     Sep 15, 2009
  9. There's nothing wrong with wanting to become a superpower.

Regarding Wal-mart, not everything they sell is Chinese, and isn't it nice to have low-cost American goods competing against low-cost Chinese products?

#49     Sep 15, 2009
  10. Has been inevitable all along. China has a very large labor force and a young population. Their ascendancy has been hastened by our GIVING them the expertise to manufacture... accelerated their rise and our decline... BUT WAS GOOD FOR SHORT-TERM PROFITS FOR SOME... YEA!!

#50     Sep 15, 2009