China Trade War =Pullback Trigger?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cdntrader, Sep 13, 2009.

1. you are referring to the RMB USD peg? Sure products would become more expensive and possibly some production will move to Vietnam, Bangladesh as already happens. But I claim China has reached such massive manufacturing scale that it will be hard for anyone else at this point to compete with China in regards to the inexpensive production of goods, not even if the RMB gains in strength.

#31     Sep 15, 2009
  2. It's the internet. Like the rest of us, you can claim anything you like.

But only if you're not posting from China.

#32     Sep 15, 2009
  3. lol, trust me if there is any nation of people who know how to suffer and still survive then its the Chinese. By the way, there are lying couple hundred billion - trillion dollars (yeah, unfortunately dollars) around that could be easily converted to eggs, fish, flour, corn, so, no need for you to be so generous as to worry about them. But wait, what if nobody wants the USD anymore? Thats now a real problem

#33     Sep 15, 2009
  4. Then China - with its store of "trilions" - won't be able to turn them into eggs, fish, etc. And thanks to the RMB peg, it's own currency will disappear into worthlessness as well.

Which is why, in the end, China will rant and rave in the public forum but behind closed doors will ACCEPT the default.

#34     Sep 15, 2009
  5. yeah and dont use specific words on US airplanes and airports unless you wanna know what real torture is.

Back...so if we traded USD/RMB at fair level then what? Again, it would hurt the US consumer a whole lot more than the rest of the world. And who else has the capacity to produce consumer products on a grand scale other than China from one day to another. Hence, my claim not much is gonna happen to factories in China.

Buddy, I am in China every month, reports of public hysteria and uprisings of fired factory workes are completely overblown and I dont say that because of censure. When they lose their job most go back to their farming family or find other means of employment.

Even a complete free float of the currency would not hurt the country by nearly as much as Western consumers would feel the pinch.

#35     Sep 15, 2009
  6. time will tell, I believe it will gradually reduce holdings in USD denominated assets, slowly, but gradually. Same with Rusia, same with x, same with y. This will cause a lot more trouble to the US than the chief architects of this US bailout ever imagined.

#36     Sep 15, 2009
  7. jprad

jprad

Credible? There isn't one single government on this ball of mud that's credible.

Back in the 80's everyone was crowing about how Japan was going to eat our lunch.

How'd that work out?

#37     Sep 15, 2009
  8. jprad

jprad

#38     Sep 15, 2009
  9. zdreg

zdreg

"All programs that do anything will be extended and more will be added (just look at the new programs coming online to facilitate short sales, they are still very much in free money for the banks mode)."

mvic

all i hear is moves to block short sales.
    what free money are u talking about and what does it have to do with short sales?

#39     Sep 15, 2009
  10. Mvic

Mvic

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2009/09/report-treasury-to-announce-short-sale.html

#40     Sep 15, 2009