China to Europe: You are just too damn lazy.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Are you sure? Guess where this comes from...

#31     Oct 30, 2011
  2. I personally don't think there are any fundamental reasons why it can't happen.

#32     Oct 30, 2011
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

Simple, if u are always copying u will always be 2nd best

#33     Oct 30, 2011
  4. I think the demographic argument is that following this coming generation, China will plateau and then decline, in part because of the number of unmarried males. The increase in productivity will alleviate this somewhat, but at some point in the not so distant future, at least on a geopolitical historical scale, all of those children that the Chinese didn't have will be missed.

#34     Oct 30, 2011
  5. heech

heech

No I understand the demographics math. My parents had 4 siblings each, and yet I + most of my cousins are only children. Our kids have four grandparents each fighting for their attention... So obviously when they get older, they directly/indirectly will have to provide for them.

I still say one engineer will be far more productive than four farmers.

#35     Oct 30, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

american hubris knows no limit.
    debt will first destroy the euro. then debt will destroy the $US.

#36     Oct 30, 2011
  7. It wasn't all that long ago that Germans had a reputation for crap engineering.

#37     Oct 30, 2011
  8. dtan1e

dtan1e

there is nothing to be arrogant about here, just a fact, to be recognized as a pioneer as what heech wanted u have to contribute for the betterment of mankind, which is not the case here, just for quoting evidences sake, name any major chinese IT co.s and look inside will find an exact replica of a western IT co. product, even heech is not proud of it

#38     Oct 30, 2011
  9. Geez, ever go to SF into an apple or google building. Half the office are chinese engineers.

#39     Oct 31, 2011
  10. 90% of silicon valley employees have 3 or less letters in their last name.

#40     Oct 31, 2011