China to buy 4.9% of C

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin2, Jan 10, 2008.

1. I'm sure there is no truth to this rumour... But China is reportedly close to buying 6.4 billion in convertible bonds of Citigroup followed by a manditory conversion into non-voting shares of C.

I guess the non-voting rings true as it should satisfy congress and Lou Dobbs.

Again this is just a rumour, but if it pans out true, diddn't Dubai do the same thing recently? Have they just had their future share ownership diluted as they did the prior shareholders before them?

The irony!

2. Xenophobia is a fear or contempt of foreigners or strangers and people.[1] It comes from the Greek words îÝíïò (xenos), meaning "foreigner," "stranger," and öüâïò (phobos), meaning "fear." The term is typically used to describe fear or dislike of foreigners or in general of people different from one's self.

3. Lou Dobbs brings up some excellent points about the economy and other pitfalls of society, but you're right on one aspect: the guy is a total fucking douchebag xenophobe. If it were not for illegal immigrants, the economy would've collapsed from lack of productivity and high inflation. Let's face it, they do the jobs that no one else wants to do.

4. LMAO!!! I just looked at C chart for the first time in a long time. Poor Abu Dhabi has already lost more than 50% of their investment even with the high dividend yield.

5. ....Mrs. Dobbs is Mexican-American.

6. ....And Adolf Hitler is Austrian-Jew.

7. Cutten

Cutten

I am thinking of starting up a "Short Sovereign Wealth Fund".

The idea will be to sell short and buy puts in any stock which a sovereign wealth fund invests in. What do you think?

8. You'd already be up 50%!!

9. Abu Dhabi has just been robbed of 5% hahaha. Orignal shareholders are now diluted +10.