China Threatens To Trigger Us Dollar Crash

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wavefinder, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Let those bastards do it....call their friggin bluff.....there will be no market, and when they finally do find buyers, it will be americans buying back debt from the chinese at .10 on the dollar.

#11     Aug 8, 2007

2. You gotta love the knee jerk reactions from the unthinking masses.

Like they'll do anything except keep on propping up the USD quietly. There is no other consumer who is as gullible as the American consumer.

If the American consumer stops buying chinese made Junk, the communist government in China will fall in a matter of months. The Chinese know this better than anyone else.

#12     Aug 8, 2007
  3. styron

styron

How many years ago was Buffett warning about this?

#13     Aug 8, 2007
  4. This is what I mean already people are scared of upsetting China at this point the game is over as they hold a lot of the cards. I suppose the US could fabricate some dodgy facts and take the country to War (you have the fire power/tech advantage there) to wrest back the advantage

#14     Aug 8, 2007
  5. Take the country to war ??? :confused: Do you really think you will keep alive to "wrest back" the "adavantage" ?? Come on, Bogan7, you don´t really mean that !!!

#15     Aug 8, 2007
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

We have given up the milatary too. How would we fight a war against China? You think they are going to pay for us to fight it, or let their neighors continue to finance us. Fat chance. We can do what our creditors let us by with doing at this point and not a whole lot else.

#16     Aug 8, 2007
  7. for the umpteenth million time, financed by who? Who will pay for this war? have all of you gone mad? I thought this was elitetrader not elitecheerleader. Just think if the chinese thought like you folks what they would have done(already). Dont any of you believe in free markets(think rationaly)? if you feel we are better off letting policy makers (domestic) deal in foreign affairs and uptake interventionist protocol, is that really free? so, you boys want to be SS? first you must prove you are SS!! you would not believe how communist you sound. Must have been trained at prussian volkshulen. How would you feel if the chinese came here and put guns to our heads in order to stop buying and selling their assets? If we did retaliate, would that make us terrorists? This sounds Bolshevik, swastika, vrilian, thulian, but not american. I am starting to think we really were hijacked by nazis some time ago. dont markets need to go up and down? What do you think I want my children to pay $1.3mm for a three bedroom house on a .2 acre parcel of land? If we owned enough gold, wouldn't that hedge our long position in the crumbling dollar? It was not my idea to kill the gold exchange standard. Last I checked it was done by a politician who got into office(USA-hint). waiting for your enlightened keynesian response....

#17     Aug 8, 2007
  8. why dont we back our dollar with gold? eliminate the fed so they dont keep on printing money. we will have to devalue the US dollar.(THATS SUCKS PEOPLE). china has a point

#18     Aug 8, 2007
  9. Hey CHINA.... I'll BID .02 on the dollar......hit my bid!

Congress don't back down from these pricks!

#20     Aug 8, 2007