China Threatens To Trigger Us Dollar Crash

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wavefinder, Aug 7, 2007.

1. The military personnel are not dictating foreign policy...but they are the ones catching shit for being patriotic.

No problem with my argument.

You make it sound like all Americans are a bunch of dumbasses that can't think for themselves, and I am stating that that is absolutely wrong and moronic.

I am not taking up for our government, but we are not a bunch of fucking idiots that are jumping up and down like dogs like Russia did.

#111     Aug 14, 2007
  2. Ok. Saying that the troops are protecting freedom has been a valid statement for most wars fought by the US. However in the current situation they are not protecting anyone's freedom.
    Is that their fault?, no [it's the fault of some bureaucrat's in Washington who will never even come close to a battlefield]...

Patriotic feelings left unchecked [and properly manipulated] produce madness such as the freedom fries...

Isn't patriotism recognizing the reality of the situation and acting in the nation's best interest without regard to self?
    What if the nation's best interest is that the wrong doing of bureaucrats is revealed? Isn't it imperative to reveal such acts if they're costing lives and jobs everyday and threaten to cost many more?

#112     Aug 14, 2007
  3. They are protecting freedom: My freedom to work in a high-rise without fear of an airliner flying into my office. I would rather the war be taken to them then brought to us.

Also - why are you so naive as to think you know what is going on? Unless people have access to an intelligence network similar to Scotland Yard or the CIA, people should keep their CNN/FoxNews-incited dramatics to themselves, or at least put them into the context from which they came: the media.

#113     Aug 15, 2007
  4. The info you got on the planes crashing into skyscrapers came from the media too... don't believe everything you read on tv. ;) [not that the attack wasn't real... just the official story]

#114     Aug 15, 2007
  5. No Doubt - but my concern are the very real 747's that have affinities for corner offices. :) I'll be fine without any more of those thank you. ;) I'm less concerned with the how/why/etc of 9/11 and more concerned with the fact there are 2 fewer office buildings and the giant holes left in the ground.

#115     Aug 15, 2007
  6. that's a very long topic that has little to do with the Chinnese and current monetary weaknesses of the USD. : )

Please refer to

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...812&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

#116     Aug 22, 2007