China threatens 'nuclear option' of dollar sales

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Trendytrader, Nov 7, 2007.

1. The same clowns that waited for their US dollars to devalue by 30-40%...
    Before making empty threats.

#21     Nov 7, 2007
  2. US will suffer? like you wouldnt believe. China can close its borders and do business with itself. It will survive and prosper. We will be standing with our hands out for a very long time. It is obvious Paulson and the goons are trying to bankrupt the average joe and keep the average spending very high and retaining very little. I do not really know what they are getting out of a poor public, a losing dollar, terrible saving and spending habits. Credit crunches are good when many people blow out from reckless overspending and rampant pricing from increased speculation. People should bid with caution and prudence. Same goes with banks. This has gone on for years and years. Let the banks die along with their management teams. If someone should feel they are needed, someone will always, always, snatch them up when they are trading at bargain prices. Unfortunately your politicians saw that their country was just a business, so they had sold their shares to the highest bidder. Patriotism is now viewed as having no room with capitalism.

#22     Nov 7, 2007

3. Right, especially from the people who wrote the Sun Tzu - Art of War.

ET chicken littles, out in force.

#23     Nov 7, 2007
  4. 500b offered at even, 500b at a half. 500b at market. Who is to say they are not hedged yet?

#24     Nov 7, 2007
  5. A spectacular decline like this accompanied by the worldwide publicity this is getting is an obvious contrarian play.
    My rule is: the greater the publicity, the more suspect a move is. This one is getting huge publicity, and that makes it extremely suspect.
    I was happy to be long gold - and therefore short the USD - in 2000, when no one was. I'm just as happy to be selling gold and buying US stocks today, when no one wants to.

#25     Nov 7, 2007
  6. timbo

timbo

China is intimately in bed with us. At the rate we're going, I suspect in the end, China will throw in the towel. I don't think rice farmers have any use for neon lights or godzilla movies.

#26     Nov 7, 2007
  7. clacy

clacy

WTF would China have to gain by closing it's borders to the US?

#27     Nov 7, 2007
  8. China needs us way more than we need them...

#28     Nov 7, 2007
  9. Poole

Poole

F-china

let them sell every dollar they have, big deal, yields on notes will move up 2% and then come right back down

lets see what happens when we stick a 500% import tax on anything with the word china on it

I actually pray this happens, china sux

I can't believe Americans tolerate this china cr*p

Europeans need to wake up too, your manufacturing base is going to be decimated next

#29     Nov 7, 2007
  10. It appears you dont spend as much time in China as I do.

if you did you would not post such a statement.

as much as we need them (and we do) they need us 10X more. otherwise they would fall into another revolution that would make the 60+ million that died (mostly starving )during the last one look like a trip to Burger King.

China is as much (and some ways MORE) capitalist than the USA.

China:
    no OSHA
    no worker lawsuits
    no unemployment insurance (almost zero)
    almost no health care expenses (to the company)
    low taxes
    cheap land that you need almost no permission to build on (no zoning headaches)
    no labor unions
    almost zero worker regulations
    no EPA
    government will give you money for exporting products
    message places open late on every other block for that CEO that is looking for 'relaxation time'

China is communism in name only. They are actually starting to have some town elections (about as honest as ours where 100 years ago) but china is on the path.

In the mean time all I hear about is some woman and those like her that want to add to the list of things the government will control like 'health care' and they will tax the hell out of (as if they are not doing that already) anyone who dares to produce anough value to earn over $200K per year.

But the bottom line is that China is export driven and needs those dollars to keep the people from storming Beijing (they already have protests going on all over the place)

#30     Nov 7, 2007