China thinking of economic war against the US.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 9, 2010.

1. "Just like two people rowing a boat, if the United States first throws the strokes into chaos, then so must we."

Luo said Beijing could "attack by oblique means and stealthy feints" to make its point in Washington.

"For example, we could sanction them using economic means, such as dumping some U.S. government bonds," Luo said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6183KG20100209

But of course Americans to stupid to realize that sending our entire industries to china is not a good idea.

China is much Smarter than the Soviet Union, China is playing the Boil The frog in water game. The Soviets were to dumb and just tried to toe to toe cold war game instead.

2. the1

the1

This is an idiotic statement made by China, assuming the article is accurate. If China decided to attack the US economy they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. 90% of the stuff in my house has the label, "Made in China." Wait a minute....let me check my drawers....Yep! Even my damn drawers are made in China. What are Americans going to do? Go Commando when we can't get our drawers? Go ahead China. Start dumping bonds and watch The Great Sweat Shop Exodus.

3. you will be well surprised how many people can't afford to buy american-made underwear

4. Or they can and we've just been brainwashed to think that for some reason all of a sudden we can't afford our own underwear when we had for decades before shipping jobs away.

5. China could give a rats ass. Remember they were doing fine without us. And they are a communist country who can control thier own populace. All they would do is sell to themselves the products.

6. sumfuka

sumfuka

That's the problem, they can't escape. All the manufacturer's have invested too much time, money and resources into China.

Another thing is... everywhere you go, you will see made in china, go to stores in europe.. made in china. Go to stores in australia.. made in china.. Go to stores in mexico.. made in china.. Go to stores in brazil.. made in china.. Go to stores in africa.. made in china.. Go to igloo in arctic.. yup, you guessed it. made in china, etc...

7. new$

new$

How long would it take the US to get back into making laptops, motherboards,video boards, hard drives, dvd players, lcd screens etc again? And where are we going to get the engineers this time?

8. pspr

pspr

You mean all those people out of work now don't know and can't learn how to make that stuff again? Besides, everybody and their dog want to immigrate to the U.S. Getting engineers, researchers, etc. won't be a problem. I'd rather pay a little more and get that China crap out of the stores.

China exports to the U.S. run $250 - $300 bil annually.
    U.S. exports to China run about $60 bil annually.

Tell me who stands to lose in a trade war.

9. China has been trying to have its chicken and eat it too, they've been very protectionist on manufacturing, lowering their currency, and stealing technology but if the US ever retaliates, oh no! Give me a break.

The US can't continue to have a $1.5 trillion deficit while China enjoys full employment, there needs to be some balance.

10. You are right. China is going to kick our ass if we don't wise up and wise up fast. They have us in their sights. I don't trust them one bit.

#10     Feb 10, 2010