China says lending to US will not go on forever

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond tr4der, Dec 20, 2008.

1. AK100

AK100

I don't think those Indians are still there on the list.

easy come, easy go.

#71     Dec 22, 2008
  2. talknet

talknet

I think now only "Mukesh Ambani" appears in top 10.

But 4 months back combined wealth of Ambani brothers "Mukesh & Anil" was at $91 Billion. That was $25 Billion more than "Carlos Slim (richest man).

#72     Dec 22, 2008
  3. Man I hope they don't get Sizzlers, I don't want curry powder on my flip steak.

#73     Dec 23, 2008
  4. talknet

talknet

World Bank Under Cyber Siege in "Unprecedented Crisis"

The World Bank Group's computer network — one of the largest repositories of sensitive data about the economies of every nation — has been raided repeatedly by outsiders for more than a year, FOX News has learned.

In total, at least six major intrusions — two of them using the same group of IP addresses originating from China — have been detected at the World Bank since the summer of 2007, with the most recent breach occurring just last month

After a forensic analysis of the treasury breach, bank investigators discovered that spy software was covertly installed on workstations inside the bank's Washington headquarters — allegedly by one or more contractors from Satyam Computer Services, one of India's largest IT companies.

Upon its discovery, insiders report, bank officials shut off the data link between Washington and Chennai, India, where Satyam has long operated the bank's sole offshore computer center responsible for all of the bank's financial and human resources information.

Satyam — one of the largest and most prestigious IT companies in India — is publicly listed on the NYSE and boasts having $2 billion in sales and more than 150 Fortune 500 companies as clients

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435681,00.html

#74     Dec 24, 2008
  5. talknet

talknet

December 23, 2008: World Bank Admits Top Tech Vendor Debarred for 8 Years

For months, the World Bank has been stonewalling and denying a series of FOX News reports on a variety of in-house scandals, ranging from the hacking of its most sensitive financial data to its own sanctions against suppliers found guilty of wrongdoing.

But last week the world's most important anti-poverty organization suddenly came clean — sort of — in its tough sanctions against a vitally important computer software service supplier that has been linked not only to financial wrongdoing but also to the ultrasensitive data heists.

A top bank official, FOX News has learned, has admitted that a leading India-based information technology vendor named Satyam Computer Services was barred last February from all business at the bank for a period of eight years — and that the ban started in September.

The World Bank's revelation of the ban on Satyam comes at a watershed moment for the $2 billion (sales) outsourcing giant, which boasts more than 100 Fortune 500 companies as clients and which trades on the New York Stock Exchange. Last week, India's securities commission announced that it would investigate Satyam.

According to FOX News sources, one of the worst breaches apparently occurred last April in the network of the bank's super-sensitive treasury unit, which manages $70 billion in assets for 25 clients — including the central banks of some countries.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,470964,00.html

#75     Dec 24, 2008
  6. Quoted for Truth!

#76     Dec 24, 2008
  7. This is why I read ET when I just want a good laugh.

regards
    f9

#77     Dec 24, 2008
  8. I'm amazed at how you arrive to the belief that "it's probably chinese".

The Euro is the only currency rising, some someone is buying euros and selling dollars. Ergo, it is the Chinese.

Stunning.

#78     Dec 24, 2008