China says it has too much $ as foreign reserves surges past $3 Trillion.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Apr 18, 2011.

1. achilles28

achilles28

I think Jim Rogers is right. Moving to China is like moving to New York in 1910.

Even if Chinese states and muni's are in for 1.5 Trillion in bad loans, they're still net positive by 1.5 Trillion. Their Federal Government has zero debt. Consumer financing is just coming online. Their futures have yet to be mortgaged to the hilt. I think this is how the bankers operate: a multigenerational sow/harvest cycle of credit, bouncing from one Country to the next. America is at the end of it's cycle (debt to the tits), now it's time to blow the Country out, and sow a new crop of debt slaves (China).

#11     Apr 19, 2011
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Interestingly you left out the biggest mass-murdering dictator of the last century. Maybe we're slowly moving his way, at least if our manufacturing "czar" has his way. (BTW, since when did we have czars in a constitutional republic?):

"Generally speaking we get the joke. We know that the free market is nonsense. We know that the whole point is to game the system, to beat the market, or at least find someone who will pay you a lot of money because they're convinced that there is a free lunch. We know this is largely about power, that it's an adults only, no limit game. We kind of agree with Mao that political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun."

- Ron Bloom

#12     Apr 19, 2011
  3. clacy

clacy

Agreed. I get sick of these guys that think China is such a dream destination because they've grown at 9%pa for the past couple decades.

Let's see where their growth is without constantly pointing a gun barrel at their citizens.

#13     Apr 19, 2011
  4. AK100

AK100

4 words China -

START BUYING AMERICAN ASSETS.

Start by buying 1% of every Dow firm, then the S&P 500 and then increase to 3%. Once done go for the big firms just outside the S&P 500 all the way down to companies worth $1billion of more.

I'll be your broker :)

Can you imagine the hoohah that would cause. It would be hilarious.

#14     Apr 19, 2011
  5. it's the shanghai tower, it should complete by 2013 ahead of schedule - 5 years start to finish. Usa took a decade to break ground on the 9/11 freedom tower... By comparison the shanghai tower is significantly larger scale project not to mention there is no nationalistic symbolism behind it like the freedoom tower - it's just another building in china. Sad state of affairs indeed when you do a comparison on how the two countries operate efficiency wise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#15     Apr 19, 2011
  6. OK, honest question, 'cause I'm looking at this reply completely puzzled. You telling me it wasn't Stalin or Hitler?? I always thought it was a stiff competition between those two, and that for the most part, Stalin won the prize, if you can call that winning.
    So, who are you thinking of?

#16     Apr 19, 2011
  7. OK, that's what I get for posting drunk & drowsy.
    Mao??? Hmm. I'd have to say he'd be a contender, but I'm not sure he'd make number one. All these figures are mere guesstimates anyway, but what makes you think he'd be the first on the heap?
    Admittedly, no Solzhenitsyns came out of China, so it's possible I'm ignorant of his skills in this regard.

#17     Apr 19, 2011
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

There have been of estimates of 65-70 million for Mao's death tally. It seems like the death count for the Great Leap Forward (what a misnomer!) is the biggest unknown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward
    (see "Deaths by Starvation" and "Deaths by Violence")

Of course, there have been 3rd world dictators and tribal warlords who might have killed as many as Stalin/Hitler/Mao if they had the military might. Idi Amin comes to mind.

#18     Apr 19, 2011
  9. Yeesh.
    Thinking about it, Mao had the most material, as it were, to work with, so I suppose mere probability would place him as a natural to be number one.
    You gotta wonder where all those bodies are buried...(says me, mere single digit miles away from the Jersey Meadowlands, the Arlington National Cemetery of the Mafia. Somewhere in there, what's left of Jimmy Hoffa is mouldering slowly away...)

#19     Apr 19, 2011
  10. most of you clowns know very little about China. Non of you do business with China, or visit China, Raise money for ventures in China. You spit out 'News Wire" non-sense and Western Propaganda from CNN sources.

Stick to banging your key boards, looking at your 20 screens trying to make a buck.

#20     Apr 20, 2011