China Says Fed Must Explain Bond-Buying or Endanger Recovery

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Nov 5, 2010.

1. China is angry as the Fed can print money to buy T-Bonds.
    America doesn't need chinese savings anymore.

#11     Nov 5, 2010
  2. Exactly true... China did their own printing internally though.. homes, business loans, etc....

I'm not sure which will turn out to be more damaging, China or the Fed.. perhaps they'll suffer the same fate..

#12     Nov 5, 2010
  3. kxvid

kxvid

I think the idea behind the bond-buying is that the only slightly acceptable way to manipulate the bond market. The FED might be out there buying corporate bonds if it could, but buying treasuries has the same effect by proxy. Buying 600BN in treasuries won't help the economy, but hey it was good for a 1 day 200PT dow rally.

#13     Nov 5, 2010
  4. I heard Apple´s cash balance will rise 5bn +. Jobs created in the US of A = 0. Everything "made in China".

#14     Nov 5, 2010
  5. rew

rew

I'll believe that Jim Rogers is a joke after you have made more money in your trading than he has.

#15     Nov 5, 2010
  6. Would you pay $3000 for an iphone or $1000 for an Ipod sporting a "Made in the USA" tag?

For any chance to manufacture these products in the USA their tag would probably have to read: "Made in the USA by robots".

#16     Nov 5, 2010
  7. I remember in the early 90's he was recommending buying commodities and that China would be producing everything for the US .Theres also the Quantum Fund

#17     Nov 5, 2010
  8. from equity curve of quantum fund it is easy to see value added by Jim. Sure, Soros thank him many times over for making him rich.

#18     Nov 5, 2010
  9. The difference would be much smaller than that - approximately $300 once the unnecessary costs are backed out.

Your question is valid, though - even that small a markup would turn a lot of people off, despite it being "for the common good".

#19     Nov 5, 2010
  10. The Chinese are demanding an explanation from us????

They would be better off consulting history, and remembering we've seen off the British Empire, the Nazis, the Japanese - twice - the Russians, and the Arabs. We did this by, quite literally, minding our business.
    They should concentrate on making sure they last longer than any of those guys first.

#20     Nov 5, 2010