China said to want collateral for any new Teassury purchases

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by moneymonger, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Corelio

Corelio

A gazillion posts on this issue...and where's the link to the news? Anyone?
    :confused:

#41     Mar 3, 2009
  2. Don't forget "sain". LOL...

#42     Mar 3, 2009
  3. I trust you realize this isn't actually true. Here's the original source of the "story"...

http://www.rense.com/general85/give.htm

#43     Mar 3, 2009

4. LOL that's all class right there. We told him to stay out of the Embassy though.

Sidenote- Jack bauer is my hero. He can get to the bottom of this economic problem with chloe and bill buchanan helping out. And he'll uncover a terrorist plot in the process, and save everyone. What a patriot that Bauer is! THAT GUY IS THE MAN!

#44     Mar 3, 2009
  5. Yes I don't think the story is true but I just did a search to find what the OP was basing the thread on.You can't deny that both Bill and Hillary were over-emphasising the 'don't bet against America' line.I personally wouldn't hold American debt and I don't believe the Chinese will for much longer,either.

#45     Mar 3, 2009
  6. IluvVol

IluvVol

not saying thats true, but maybe........maybe thats what the US has been best at selling....creating images and perceptions. In the end it does not matter how fiscally sound a government acts, it still is the consumer who pays for the daily bread, its the consumer who pays the taxes. In the end it will alwyas come down to the consumer. And fact is that the average (and I stress average) American consumer has acted very unsound and irresponsible which now leads to his demise. There is NO WAY the average Joe will be able to continue with this spending spree NO WAY. At this moment the only thing that holds this whole mess still together is that the rest of the world is in this mess altogether otherwise China and other financies of Mr. US Consumer would drop him like a stone. Lets see how this all pans out, but my hunch is that the US will surely lose more of its influence, financially as well as politically. I am not saying the story is over for good because even as Non-US citizen I believe in the innovative spirit of American enterprises and those individuals who stand behind it. Unfortunatelly its not the dumb mass but a handful who will again make their road to riches after this has all bottomed out. For now, its the US consumer who needs to eat shxx and realize that the party is over, not the Japanese, German, or Chinese consumer....

#46     Mar 3, 2009
  7. IluvVol

IluvVol

buddy I recommend you really venture out to Shanghai for a week and witness in person whats going on there. Not sure what you are talking about, but Chinese mass consumers were already using touch screen displays on some of their cell phones even before Apple ever introduced theirs. Plus you would be surprised at their buying power nowadays. Of course the average still looks weakish in comparison but think about which base we started off there.

#47     Mar 3, 2009
  8. just give them our useless white women as collateral:cool:

#48     Mar 4, 2009
  9. yeah, so useless that they give you a birth :)

#49     Mar 4, 2009
  10. I heard on the Rush Limbaugh show that China has no capital Gains tax on trading profits-even short term trades. Is this true?

#50     Mar 6, 2009