China: Rich should pay to fight climate change

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraderZones, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Scientists just suck. Nothing they predict is ever right. I don't believe them on origins either. They say life started in Africa and 50,000 years later the "new improved model" appeared in Europe. The human genome project showed that the differences between africans and europeans were nowhere near enough to support the theory but has it gone away? Hell no. It's a political lie, same as global warming. The moon was supposed to be many feet thick with dust, when the first lander sat down it's landing gear was obviously over engineered... parts of the solar system are warm that should not be.. and all of it is heating and cooling with the changes in the sun's energy...

http://push.pickensplan.com/forum/topic/show?id=2187034:Topic:268091

#11     Oct 28, 2008
  2. China is in the top 3 largest economies and growing 10% a year. What exactly is their definition of rich that leaves them out of having to fund their huge CO2 emissions, now possibly being number 1???

While we have pollution control devices on cars for 30 some years , they build coal electric plants at a frenetic pace.

Seems I remember they had to shut down thousands of factories just to make the Olympics somewhat smoke free.

Are they really this clueless?

#12     Oct 28, 2008
  3. It has been considered by those who know man made climate change is a joke.

As far as papers go. There are many out there already written about the Martian ice caps melting, Pluto warming up etc.

John

#13     Oct 28, 2008
  4. Yup. The computer you posted this message from, the communication networks it flowed thru, the server hosting this message board, the electricity generators driving the grid - all illusions. Not the product of many branches of science, technology and engineering. Forget about electromagnetic theory, quantum mechanics, materials science, information theory, computer science, chemistry, mining engineering, precision engineering. Nah. They never get it right and can't predict anything.

#14     Oct 28, 2008
  5. Two words for the CHIN

Poison Milk

#15     Oct 28, 2008
  6. medicine, nutrition, biology. paleontology, archaeology, mathematics, astronomy, oceanography, physics, ...

#16     Oct 28, 2008
  7. RZTrader

RZTrader

We outsourced cheap labor to China, India and other third world countries, and were supposed to invest in higher value-added products and technologies. That's how we were supposed to stay ahead of the innovation and economic curve.

Instead, we were lazy. We invested in real-estate(?), parked money in the stock market(?), overindulged in consumer goods produced abroad(?) Instead of seeing pollution as an opportunity to develop energy-efficient and futuristic technologies, we are backing down...

If we don't, they will. Wait until the day they come up with electric cars, pollution-free efficient technologies, ... Instead of us selling them cars and technology that will help them deal with their pollution problems, they will be selling us car and technology to deal with rising energy and material costs.

This is basic business theory: identify a need, then met the need. The world is recognizing the need for clean technology, why aren't we jumping in to profit from providing the world the solution, a US developed and produced solution??

#17     Oct 28, 2008
  8. clacy

clacy

Obviously they get it right..........over time. But, do you think they got it right from the start with any of these things?

We are just starting to understand this stuff and the evidence is certainly far from provable. Right now you have a lot of theory and no one knows what will turn out to be true.

On a side note, I think it was ingenius that they changed the terminology from "global warming" to "climate change", now that we have a period of cooling.

It also encompasses ALL weather events. Climates ALWAYS change................... Brilliant!

#18     Oct 28, 2008

9. Al gore making millions?? please, he is a steward of the world. I am sure he flys business class and not first to lower his carbon foot print when he isn't flying around in his personal jet.

I am also sure he is not going to actually spend the money he is making off this and will be making off the global warming with his investments. He will give it away to places to help lower their CO2 output.

Why cant you be like everyone else and just watch the damm DVD and make up your mind based on that.

now they call it climate change instead of global warming?? sounds like a good idea. change is good, change sells. just ask obama

I have a question for those that buy into the CO2 link to global warming change. I live in wisconsin where it snowed yesterday (too damm early IMHO).

How is it that where I live used to be not only covered with ice at one time but also at another time a tropical area?? did we go from ice to tropics due to dinosaur farts??

none of it makes any sense at all until you add the money aspect with taxes and people making huge money off this. Then it makes perfect sense.

#19     Oct 28, 2008
  10. there are many new chinese solar companies emerging making tonnes of money and they will only get bigger, they have also partnered closely with chinese banks to provide financing and short term lending to run their businesses. China will solve their pollution problem simply with one word; the sun (fuck that was two words)

#20     Oct 29, 2008